What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Got out of bed to get ready for work. Believe me, I didn't wanna hafta do it.

BigMike, brit, Preacher and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I took apart the Jelly Bean dispenser and repaired it. A broken jelly bean was stuck in the mechanism.

Enrico and brit like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Fertilized the yard.
    Mowed the yard.
    Got the Generator ready for Hurricane Season.
    Smoked and cooked three racks of pork ribs, and cooked baked potatoes.
    Worked on and fixed the A/C in my 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel. I rarely drive it anymore. The wife was pissed when she needed to use it to clear out her classroom, and the A/C blew warm air. She wanted me to sell it, and buy a new pickup. Heck no, too darn much, and too much emissions crap on them.
    Now, I'm just chilling out.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Tanuki, Enrico, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  4. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Tilled and planted garden number 3. Mowed and put up a fence. Drank a beer, or two after. Cooked burgers. Now ready for bed

5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Started work to turn one of the little-used closets into a gun room. Nothing over the top, but it will be both practical and highly refined (as well as being reasonably secure). The gun storage itself will be finished birch plywood cabinetry with enough room for a half a dozen rifles and plenty of ammunition, all neatly organized. Today I started by tearing out the old carpet and installing a new overhead LED light and a new wireless switch (it had previously a bare lightbulb and a pull chain.) This also meant scraping away the old popcorn ceiling - the only area of the house that still had any. The carpet I removed was laid over an old padding, laid over an older carpet, glued down to yet older linoleum tiles dating back to the 1950s. All of that is now gone. After all that, it looks messier now than when I started, I suppose that is the nature of these kinds of projects. Still a long way to go, but the first steps are in the right direction.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Tanuki, Enrico and Preacher like this.
  6. DaltonGang

In Los Angeles?? Better call it a wine closet, and not get the word out about your guns. You wouldn't want to get a knock on your door, in the dark of the night, with them wanting to confiscate your guns, "For your own safety"..

BigMike likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

I know a former police officer, around here, who lined a small bedroom with plate metal, and turned it into a large gun safe/saferoom. Has furniture, A/C and other comforts.

8. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I looked into getting a gun safe, but they're kind of bulky outside yet cramped inside, and don't seem particularly all that secure. They're also quite obtrusive looking. I see a lot of people on YouTube have gone overboard on home gun rooms that are clearly full tactical armories / zombie apocalypse command centers. I just want a place to responsibly store a couple of targets practice guns.

Tanuki, Enrico, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am sewing a quilt for my newest nephew. I consider any gift that comes from your skill and the work of your hands quite “manly”.

Here it is so far;
    528F15C1-A439-40FE-8C0E-3C65FCF59CC2.jpeg

Tanuki, Enrico, gorgo2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Went to doc for a checkup and discussed...colonoscopy. I'm now that old.

Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  11. SilverSwarfer

SilverSwarfer Well-Known Member

Provided hand-made sustenance.
    A74E72BE-7270-4AA4-9511-02DF263F895C.jpeg
    426627FE-7925-490D-A820-4C43A8588A30.jpeg

Tanuki, DaltonGang, gssixgun and 5 others like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But, unless there's a family history or other risk factors, latest guidelines let you put it off until age 70. Cologuard every three years until then.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just talked to the folks at CG today. Will be here this week.

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Been doing that since I was 22 or 23 ..... if your Dr's competent no problem, if not ..... scenes from Shawshank Redemption or Deliverance comes to mind.

:eek:

gorgo2 likes this.
  15. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

It's no big deal. Other than the prep, they knock you out and you don't know anything that's happened to you.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ninety eight percent of the time that's true.

CrustyCat likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I finished the quilt and sanitized it to within an inch of its life.
    FFB48910-E314-44A6-A080-0A266D6CA087.jpeg

Tanuki, Preacher, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Good thing you don't live in Europe or you'd have to do that to within 2.54 centimeters instead. :D

Sara-s likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy088: Great job!

Sara-s likes this.
  20. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I wore my full face shield. Value for money, since I blew up a cutting disc while angle grinding in a tight spot. Leather gloves, heavy duck coat; I was sporting serious personal protective equipment. I did feel plenty of sparks landing on my scalp. A covid buzz cut does not provide much shelter up top.

Gotta love old galvanized plumbing.
    0BA00EAE-F7EF-4A7B-AF59-188D0E3054C0.jpeg

BigMike, SilverSwarfer and Enrico like this.