What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have been working 12 hr shifts, with no days off, until this anarchy is over. I would rather be home with the family.

2. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Good on you for wearing the gear and glad you are safe.

3. Preacher

I finally got the big mechanical items fixed on my gifted Pathfinder. Arrived at the point where it was time to clean it up. This finish was super rough to the touch so I got the Griot's synthetic clay pad (which I seriously recommend). Once I got the paint smooth again, I broke our the orbital buffer with the orange pad and got to work my Poor Boy's World medium compound (I love it because it can be used in direct sunlight). the oxidation and shallow swirls just melted away! I don't know if you can see the difference in the pic, but the difference in person is amazing. I have a replacement fender sitting at my mechanic that I'll pick up and install next week. For all of you guys and girls who like to keep your vehicles clean but don't have a garage, check out Poor Boys World products, as they can be in direct sunlight.
    [​IMG]

Tanuki, BigMike and Enrico like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you sir for your service and I'm sorry that you have to give up time with the ones you love.

Yes that is VERY manly.

God bless and stay safe.

:eatdrink013:

DaltonGang likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Great work!

My wife's red sunbaked Forester would definitely benefit from that ..... at least your rims aren't all rusty like mine.

BTW looks like you're missing a lug nut.

6. Preacher

One of mine is, but I'm going to get some brake dust remover and a steel wool pad and try to work it back to looking good. The Poor Boys World stuff is fantastic. My wife has my garage loaded so I can't have a vehicle in their so other products that I would use wouldn't work. Try it, you'll be pleased with the results. This thing hadn't been washed in about 3 years!!!

7. Preacher

Took my truck from this:
    [​IMG]
    To this:
    [​IMG]

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well I have really have a wonderful wife that puts up with my mess that I leave in our dining room till I get tired of looking at it. More or less its treated like my garage that I no longer have that we happened to eat in at least two meals a day. At any time I can have shelves I'm restoring, turntables and record players I'm working on, an unsorted record collection I'm slowly going though, amps and pre amps for a project, and my work table ..... I mean our dining table.

This all said today I completed two shelves I've been restoring ..... ((one more to go)for my sister). The large one I took over to my son and daughter in-laws home. My wife didn't say anything, but I could tell she was pleased.

:)

Tanuki and Preacher like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I went to HarborFreight and bought hardware goodies that can be used as archery goodies. This was immediately followed by a visit to Lowe’s for some more hardware/archery goodies.

Tanuki, BigMike and Enrico like this.
  10. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

Building a desk/workbench with bookshelf top, for use as a honing and packaging station. Minimal power tool use. The sides and top are edge-glued panels made out of common grade 2x10, hand jointed, and now I am planing the panels with a 22" smoothing plane that feels like it weighs a ton after a few passes. I will have a pigeonhole type rack for all of my dozen or so balsa strops and all of my two dozen or so rocks and film honing plates. Also shelves for storing shipping supplies, printer, and razors.

No pics. I took some but having phone issues.

Tanuki and Enrico like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm back to working on an old Philco radio / tv cabinet for records since ban of seeing in-laws has been lifted (covid).

Proceeding nicely
    IMG_1607.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1663.JPG IMG_1662.JPG IMG_1781.JPG IMG_1782.JPG

Just a little bit more ......

Tanuki, J_Man, richgem and 1 other person like this.
  12. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

Sat on my front porch during a heavy down pour. Maybe not manly, but definitely relaxing.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Tanuki, BigMike, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  13. DaltonGang

Working 10th straight day, 12-16 hr days, since this rioting crap started. Hopefully Wednesday will be back to normal.

BigMike and Enrico like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm doing my part to help you and others like yourself get back to a normal life ..... I'm staying home and out of trouble.

God bless!

DaltonGang likes this.
  15. Slash McCoy

Hmmm... survived a tropical storm. (didn't amount to anything here in the city). Made $460 trading stocks this morning. On the face it it that might not seem manly but it is a very traditionally male dominated activity. Pretty much a "no girls allowed" club until recently.

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Cleaned the gun. Seemed like a good idea. No idea why.

BigMike and DaltonGang like this.
  17. DaltonGang

Very good idea.

Thanks, but, the best thing you can do, is live a normal life, just a little more aware of your surroundings. You know why. :susel:

gorgo2 likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Situational Awareness at all times in public.

DaltonGang likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

Your post is confusing, considering you are a 60 yr old male.

20. Slash McCoy

What part is confusing? That I think trading is manly? Or why I think it is manly? Or the tropical storm which turned out to be almost a non-event in New Orleans? I would be happy to clarify but I am not sure what part needs clarification.

stuartganis likes this.