Razor rotation

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tiredricefarmer, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I only rotate according to my mood and need. I am not following any scheme or system. Sometimes I might use a full month the same razor, sometimes I change more often.

LOOT and Redrock like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

And make sure to hang your razors next to a mirror so as to double your rotation from one month to two. :happy097:

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088:

Redrock likes this.
  4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Everyday. I have a normal 6 day rotation and on the 7th day (Sun) I pick a razor out of my collection for a guest appearance. Regular rotation starting on Mon. 54 Super Speed, HD500, 56 Red Tip, NEW SC, 06 Single Ring & Pre-war Tech.

Jim99, Redrock and Jorvaljr like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I see you like razors with a bit more aggression with the Red Tip, New SC and the Single Ring. Though I've used the rest and enjoyed them, I'm more on the mild side. :)

Redrock and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

The Kanji method?

LOOT likes this.
  7. jlear12859

jlear12859 New Member

I set up 5 for the month and change them out with new blades... I always have my Timeless razor ready to go.... but do not keep blades inside... I afix them to a magnet pad and put in the razor of the day when I am ready to use... each has its on blade and gives me the variety I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. swarden43

I have no idea what that is.

LOOT likes this.
  9. jlear12859

jlear12859 New Member

That would make two of us... so share your knowledge

LOOT likes this.
  10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

tategaki is written from top to bottom. Technically, it's from right to left, but this reminded me of studies many many years ago. So, you'd see Kanji written in tategaki, (vertical) rather than yokogaki (horizontal)

Your racks just reminded me of that, especially when you said you go top down.

jlear12859 and LOOT like this.
  11. swarden43

Gotcha
    I've actually learned quite a lot here at TSD, and not just about shaving.

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Say, I REALLY like the magnetic pad storage! What a GREAT idea.

Not sure if I will ever do that myself, but I think that is very unique.

Thanks for sharing that.

13. jlear12859

jlear12859 New Member

I am better today because I learned something

14. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I tend to change every other day

15. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I rotate between a few different razors. No scientific method behind it, but simply whatever I feel like I want to use, and havent used in a while.
    For instance, tonight I will use a 72 tech, and then when I am done with that, it may stay or it may go, just depeneds on how I feel.
    Blades, well they get changed when they start pulling and tugging. I switched from cartidges to avoid pain, and I am not going back down that road!

Great post, and it makes you wonder why we do things the way we do them, doesn't it?

Ron R and Jim99 like this.
  16. CLEMSON TIGER

CLEMSON TIGER Active Member

Hoooooooly cow you’ve got vastly more than I’ve got! My wife would kill me :happy102:

Jim99 likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Last 5 razors or shaves.(Daily shaver) unless testing a new razor I like a different razor most days.

May 28th Gillette Fatboy -Mfg 1959 E4 Gillette Fatboy !959 E4 (2).jpg

May 29th Gem Micromatic Flying wing, MMBT, Guiding eye.....-Mfg 1947-50 Gem flying wing 1947-50 model(2).jpg

May 30th Gem Micromatic open comb, MMOC- Mfg 1930-41 Gem Micromatic open comb 1932-41(2).jpg

May 31st Schick injector Champion l type theme series- Mfg 1976 Montreal Olympics sponsor. Schick L Championship Montreal Olympics Promotional -MFG 1976 (2).jpg

June 1st Gem Featherweight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52 .....2nd Generation 1953-54 Gem Feather weight Gen 1 1950-52, Gen 2,1952-54 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Jim99 likes this.
  18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I generally use a different razor/blade every day. Some blades though, like my vintage blades; I’ll use for a couple shaves per blade in a couple different razors.

Ron R and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i use a different gillette every day as they are similar shave wise.i have 1 or 2 different blades on the go as well.just keeps the flock in rotation,no free lunches here..

Angelo85, Ron R and Jim99 like this.
  20. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

When I use a Razor I put a fresh blade in it. I use the same blade only while it's in my razor. When I change razors I put a fresh blade in it and the dispose of the used blade.

Angelo85, Tiredricefarmer and brit like this.