Pinaud Clubman Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by rmcintyre84, Jun 1, 2020.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

IMG_20200601_181700654-800x600.jpg
    This arrived today. Have any of you used it? It's kind of soft for a soap. If you have used it, do you load your brush on the soap, or do you scoop a small amount into your bowl? Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  2. brit

brit in a box

have done both .good stuff..

Leo501 and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I found some of this at the CVS Pharmacy, didn't buy it maybe I will try it.

brit likes this.
  4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Makes a great lather. Loaded right off the soap.

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

brit and PatrickA51 like this.
  5. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

In the bowl works great for this

brit likes this.
  6. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

This is incredible, I just received this soap earlier tonight! And, was going to post about it!
    I put it in a warm scuttle, and lathered it with a Simpson Colonel X2L . It was really easy to control.
    You can go from a ‘pasty’ lather, to a ‘frothy’ lather just by adding a little water. So it’s easy to ‘dial in”.
    By my 3rd pass, I had it down. I was a little concerned, because I had got their Tube Lather a few weeks ago
    and I couldn’t get it to lather at all. Now, I did use a different brush, so I might try the lather again with
    the Simpson brush. The shave soap is awesome, I’m a huge Clubman guy, so I love it.
    It also smells like the Clubman Vanilla A.S. But the scent isn’t strong, and doesn’t last.
    The only way this soap could be improved, obviously, is if it were scented like The Veg.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I loaded mine, but from a mug, not a bowl. The latter might be the best choice of the two. I guess I'm slowly learning that 2 oz. of shave soap allows for more shaves than I would have thought earlier. I agree with @The situational shaver , it is quite like Clubman Vanilla. That has been my only beef with Clubman, they should have put "Clubman Vanilla" on the box label. But I may make another go of this one anyway.

8. rmcintyre84

I really like it. I just loaded it from the can (rather small), and lathered it in my usual bowl. I might move it to a mug; I have an empty one. Nature abhors a vacuum!

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You must have a real small brush to be able to do that(load it from the can).

10. rmcintyre84

Nope. RazoRock Plissoft. I was kind of messy.

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

This is my travel soap and when traveling I face lather with a Clubman synthetic brush (came with the Clubman DOPP bag). It is a fine soap, not great but easy to use and gives a perfectly serviceable shave with a disposable single edge razor. No drama. Usually follow it up with a travel size bottle of The Veg.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  12. Landro

Landro Member

Just pulled the trigger. I have a Parker Shave Mug that needs a decent soap. Currently has Williams in it but since I discovered Arco I no longer use the Williams.