Butterscotch!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CLEMSON TIGER, Jun 2, 2020.

1. CLEMSON TIGER

CLEMSON TIGER Active Member

So. I haven’t decided the knot, the type of bristle / hair, but I’ve already decided what handle I want. I’m in the market for two brushes. One more to get me to 6 brushes & the other to replace my Vanderhagen boar when it decides to quit which is soon.

I’m after a butterscotch handle- I love the look & there it is. My next brush will have a butterscotch handle.

If you could have ANY butterscotch brush- still in production (not discontinued) Which would you recommend? I’ve already checked out some, but there’s always plenty I know nothing about- that’s where I’d love insight. There’s gotta be other people that love butterscotch handles, I don’t have one and I can’t help but admire them. It would most likely be a boar brush. But if the handle is awesome, I’d get over it....:D

Ijustmissedthe50s, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  2. Campion

Campion Active Member

Check the US ebay vendor who imports Zeniths. He has a nice boar in butterscotch 28x57mm. These are terrific brushes. zenith boar.jpg

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm partial to beehive brushes

So here is a Thater from Bullgoose

Fan-Funf-002_1024x1024.jpg

With a fan two banded badger

:eatdrink013:

4. CLEMSON TIGER

Now that’s a thing of beauty-

Enrico and Campion like this.
  5. CLEMSON TIGER

Now that’s beautiful.....awesome shape!

Enrico likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    No price limit? I'd build my own:
    https://www.shavemac.com/products/Configurator/Shaving-Brush-Configurator.html

I'm a fan of the look of butterscotch handles. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but all vintage butterscotch handles were originally a white/cream color, similar to ivory. Butterscotch is just age and UV light exposure darkening.

Modern butterscotches of course, already come in the butterscotch color, and modern white/cream handles have UV inhibitors added to prevent or reduce color changes due to age.

brit, GatorJoe, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  7. CLEMSON TIGER

I was not aware of that- I even worked in a food grade plastic producing plant once upon a time too- but they kept recipe stuff a secret- they just told us ratios and told us to make however many tons- that is interesting! Plastic that ages- kinda like a meerschaum pipe!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. Pedigree

Pedigree Active Member

I have a Simpson Milk Churn in butterscotch being made and is due to arrive in in a few weeks!

Enrico likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Semogue makes an SOC butterscotch Mistura.
    Screenshot_2023-07-04-09-28-58-21_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg
    Edited for spelling. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    brit, swarden43 and Pedigree like this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Who's selling those, Ryan?

Found 'em. Not an ebay fan, though. Amazon carries the boar version on that handle, about $20 cheaper than the ebay badger.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Don’t mean to be a grammar Nazi, but it’s Mistura.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Whoops. Fixed.
    I'm not sure what vendors sell them, but the one I had in mind was the 90% tops boar/two band badger mix. It's a Semogue Owner's Club edition Mistura brush.

Edited to add info.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Semogue makes them. I have had a few. Nice knots. Not sure who sells them.:signs002:

PLANofMAN likes this.