The Haul: June 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

jmudrick likes this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nice razor! That's got quite the slant for sure. It reminds me of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge

Tacoma Narrows Bridge.jpg

Frijolero, Karl G, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Do you know if they are the same blades as the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum in the black box? Just a new color? The ones in the black box have given me great results.

brit likes this.
  4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nice find! It matches the new brush that @brit just received.

brit likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Haha yeah it matches a couple I passed on.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

brit and Droo78 like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

the blue box ones were discontinued.they were made in st. petes russia same as the other 7 oclock yellows and greens.very smooth and sharp.the black box ones are made in India.great blades as well.i have seen somewhere that the 7 oclock blue box were repackaged as gillette silver blue.not sure though.

7. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I had thought the black boxes were made in India. Wasn’t sure about the blue boxes. I’ve been tempted to try the Gillette - Wilkinson Sword blades that come out of India. They are always on sale for cheap.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

i have some of those,good blades imo,no issues.honestly i have near 3000 blades,maybe more.i grab from the top of 5 or 6 plastic coffee jugs when i go for blades.most are gillette blades and they feel similar.the only blades i find too dull are derby extras.my non gillettes i use are voskods,wilkinson and derby premiums.i like and use 7 oclock green,yellow .blue,black,nacet,polsilver,gsb,and both platinum variants and vintage spoilers,astra blue and green.all but the spoilers are st petes stock i think..never used sharks,bics,feathers,kai,lord,treet or others and don't feel the need to..i do have permasharps,but haven't used many.

9. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

IMG_20200604_074427040-800x600.jpg
    These came yesterday: An ER 600N lucite, and an ER C40. I have taken a real interest in lucite shave brushes. I believe this is the fourth I've acquired. If I've measured correctly, it will hold a 25mm knot. I haven't done much work on restoring any of them yet (I'm not a tool guy and am a bit hesitant to get started), but I'm going to save this one until I have some experience, then put a nice badger knot in it. (I usually prefer synthetic.) The C40 has some cracks in it (it was just part of the deal), so I'm going to use it for practice...removing knots, sanding and polishing the body to restore its whiteness, and painting the letters.

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That lucite brush has a great 40's look to it!

:happy088:

rmcintyre84 likes this.
  11. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Early this morning I got my order from WCS. I got Alt-Innsbruck aftershave, Col Conk Lime Aftershave & shave soap along with Bay Rum shave soap. 0642B9D4-A50A-4AD2-A0A9-E40A62588447.jpeg AF87CDD3-6644-4551-AF14-F913AA4B4817.jpeg

12. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

13. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Angelo..

Angelo85 likes this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Clubman Draggon Noir EDT, 1920 Gillette Pocket Edition and 1921-1928 Old Type set with 1940's Tech fat handle.................

IMG_20200604_144921.jpg

15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

About a month ago I bought a new Rigarazor 8/8 and have been waiting patiently for it’s arrival from Latvia. Evidently Covid has been slowing international shipments dramatically and I expect to be waiting much longer. I really wanted a big blade and the reputation and looks of the Riga made it an easy choice. :happy088:

But, while waiting this bad boy showed up and I put in an offer that I did not expect would be accepted. It’s a 9/8 “The Celebrated Hollow Ground - For Barber’s Use Wade & Butcher.” Lo and behold the seller said, “yes.” Which made me wonder - did I miss something? Well, it arrived today. While it’s a heavily restored mirror finish the engraving is all intact and there are no signs of any issues. It’s a monster. I can’t wait to use it.:happy093:

Normally I’d have had it delivered directly to @gssixgun for a honing but I sent it to my home to be sure I hadn’t overlooked anything. Now, I’ll just have to be patient as it’s going off to Idaho tomorrow. Can’t wait - super excited :happy036:

18F87D6F-AEA8-40BC-BA7D-4E22887494C0.jpeg

24FA683F-6C8B-4356-9272-E5F29807F82B.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

16. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Just received my first order with Col. Conk. I got their black handle razor, their Chunky razor and Bay Rum aftershave. A0524DD0-B27C-4715-8293-112373485B41.jpeg

17. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

That’s a big blade.

Karl G likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Very nice one, Looks like its in good shape also.

brit and Karl G like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It is. These are pretty well put together razors despite the inexpensive materials, they wear well.

brit and Karl G like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Enoch. Looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

Frijolero, PLANofMAN, Jim99 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.