Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

TNNSER 3D, gem stainless steel ptfe blade, shave 6
    tnnser.jpg

First go round with this razor. This is a modern day Gem Featherweight in the way that it shaves and even out featherweights the Featherweight in weight being lighter. I like it to the point it will wind up supplanting both Featherweights I currently own.

clint64, ischiapp, BigD and 5 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 12th June

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    Faena -Sandalwood
    RR S/S Hawk V3-A,
    Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

It seems the Day off from the Hawk was worth it, as today was quite amazing. The Shave was as usual smooth and comfortable, but without any apparent effort on my part the finish was rather a "Face Stroker ".

IMG_0790.jpg

jimjo1031, clint64, BigD and 5 others like this.
  3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint64, GAW9576, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

twhite printed and designed 3d injector, personna injector blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

I added a modification to the razor by taking an exacto knife and cutting in some lines on the guard to texture it so it can grab skin and stretch it ahead of the blade cutting. The modification did improve the shave which was much closer this time around. BBS finish everywhere except under the chin this time.

clint64, GAW9576, ischiapp and 4 others like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Good news. I will make that modification to the design. Can you take a picture of what you did? I will try that on my razor also.

Thanks.

clint64, brit and Droo78 like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'll take a picture later. What I did to test it's grabbing ability is I ran my thumb on a later model schick injector guard and compared how each felt until both had a similar feel running up and down my thumb. The TNNSER you sent with this sort of was grippy but I did the same the to increase that, same method and test.

I also tried to scuff up the guard with sandpaper but that didn't work.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    clint64, GAW9576, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Here is a picture
    guard.jpg

Next thing to test on this razor before it goes on tour is to see if it is blade dependent or not.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    clint64, GAW9576, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 13th June

RR Syn.22mm
    P & B Spitfire
    RazoRock S/S Hawk V3-A
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I seem to have got it right with this Hawk, had a "Face Stroker" yesterday and without any problems was able to replicate it. The only downside is that I find this early RR Syn. Brush a bit scratchy compared to more recent ones.

IMG_0791.jpg

jimjo1031, clint64, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Very interesting.

:happy096:

clint64, GAW9576 and Bird Lives like this.
  10. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

DSCF0008 - Edited.jpg

Sunday‌ ‌06.14.20 ‌SOTD‌
    Cased Canadian Schick Type E Injector Razor
    NOS‌ ‌Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌USA‌
    Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0009 - Edited.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave

Schick E2
    Personna Blade
    Lowborn Supply Blood Knot
    Proraso Red Shaving Soap
    Proraso Red Aftershave

SOTD 06.13.2020.jpg

12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

twhite printed and designed 3d injector, Schick Proline B-20, shave 1
    [​IMG]

Tried a different blade to see if a different blade will improve the shave. Well it does, this blade is sharper and in turn the shave was closer than with the Personna blades. BBS finish but the shave was a bloodbath with some serious razor burn afterwards. The issue I think is I got complacent and used too much pressure after using the Personna blade. I'll see if using less pressure after the blade has been broken in gives the same result without the cuts.

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yo Droo ( @Droo78 )...your kit with that gorgeus E2, has got me drooling..I'm afraid todays shave will have to be with....[​IMG]

Thanks for the inspiration mate!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

WooHoo! "LOUD"?!!! Now ya done it!! You've got me drooling, lol...I love a loud injector!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64, twhite and GAW9576 like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 14th June
    RazoRock 400-SE Plissoft noir
    Lea Classic Soap
    RazoRock S/S Hawk V3- A plate
    Schick Proline [ 8 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Not really a lot one can say when Shaves are this good, and there is life in the blade too. Maybe in a while I will try out a Feather Pro in it.

IMG_0798.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  16. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

A comedy of errors, then a stellar shave :)

It's been a bit of a stressful weekend, but that eased late yesterday. Awaiting me and my 48 hours of stubble this morning was my Schick M and a brand new Japanese twin blade.

This is the sort of thing that can only happen to me. I loaded the blade last night, then set the blade guard up. Razor was adjusted to its highest setting, which is just past "7" on the dial. I lathered with TOBS this morning and proceeded to take my first swipes...with the blade guard still up of course. Well it doesn't cut very well with the guard up and not realizing that was the case, I thought it was the adjustment dial, so I rotated it all the way to the opposite, to "1". That didn't do anything either. Then it suddenly dawned on me, "The guard is up, dummy!". I flicked the lever to lower the guard. Much better, but still not great. Oh wait, I had dialed it to its lowest setting.

Now with guard down, I rolled the dial back up to its highest setting. Bingo! I was off and running. The twin blade mowed down everything with ease and the razor gave me that sort of mindless shaving experience you would expect from a cart, zipping around with no concerns. Two passes and touchup later, I am good to go :)

The Japanese twins are pretty pricey, but the results are well worth it. Smooth, close, efficient and comfortable. A great way to greet a Sunday morning.

[​IMG]

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Archaic Alchemy Eureka Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #313 Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher
    GEM Blue Star SE
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Archaic Alchemy Eureka Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #313 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  18. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Well I tried having a very UK shave Friday. I got out my Made in England ER 1912 and my British Made Pal Injectomatic. Then I whipped up a fantastic lather with some UK based Wickham 1912 Irish Fern. This is my first use of Wickham and man this stuff smells great and lathers wonderfully. I loaded a 6th use Gem SS PTFE and started the shave with the ER. This is my second time using this razor. I took a few strokes and looked closely at the razor. I had heard the English/British ERs are more aggressive but this one is mild but I LOVE the handle. Anyway I looked closer and saw that the blade wasn't seated right. Readjust take a stroke look close. Not seated tight. Ok what gives well the blade is shifting all over. Grab my US made ER 1912 try things out, works perfect. Hmmmm. As far as I can tell the blade stops are bent up slightly making to much room for the blade to slip to far under them and making enough room for it to not get properly engage by the back clip. So do I adjust the blade stops? Or do I find a way to adjust the back clip push the blade forward further with would make it a more aggressive razor?
    Anyways I finished up the rest of the shave with a pound in the US made ER. Results are a fantastic shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Bird Lives ! I'm glad I could add some inspiration. Great looking shave!

clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Shave, June 14th 2020

Razor: Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> Very Smooth shave with a Personna SS PTFE blade, very light razor!
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2)- nice very sharp blade with great longevity with low cost per shave.
    Soap: Tabac- great traditional soap that lasts and lasts. Triple milled with a mild flowery scent, good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm syntetic - great brush that has no problem with hard soaps, soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.(summer months need very little or none IMO.)
    Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG] Very enjoyable shave with my Pal Injecto-matic.
    Sunday shave June 14th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, BigD, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.