June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jason! The Palmolive stick works like a champ. I have two extra sticks stashed in my box of extra soaps. I hope being discontinued is just another rumor, because I don't really want to buy and store a case of them...
    A little over a year ago, I converted my neighbor to traditional shaving by giving him his birth year/quarter Superspeed and a Palmolive stick.

clint64, jluc, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  2. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Well enjoy your day tomorrow!

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Good to hear from you, Charlie! And good to know that Kathy is doing well--prayers and more prayers.

I shave now because scruff rubbing under a mask feels just awful ;)

Edison Carter, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks!

5. timabababaluka

Thanks, Andrew--my deodorant is on the shelf above my soaps ;) :D

clint64, jluc, Droo78 and 1 other person like this.
  6. timabababaluka

:happy102:

clint64, jluc, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hello Paul. I haven't seen any therapy animals here at Mayo yet. I will try to remember to ask our nurses about them tomorrow. I am sure they're here.
    Thanks Gary. Hope you are well.
    Thank you, Jason. I'm not sure how any family goes through difficult times alone and in the own strength. We are surrounded by a strong circle of prayer warriors, encouragers, family, and friends. The care at Mayo is superb as well. The folks here know their stuff, and they are kind and caring. In that way, it is quite humbling to be here. In addition, we've heard stories from other families going through some really difficult times compared to ours. We are incredibly blessed. Oh yeah, there's a great pizza joint in town, too. :)
    Thanks Joe! Well, it's everyone else's loss that they can't see our handsome mugs! As you can imagine, Rochester is a very health-care oriented community. As such, face masks are worn by the majority of folks everywhere. My routine when I enter the hospital each morning is to stop the hand sanitizer station (I call it the juice station) for a couple of squirts and three tissues. I ball up the tissues and use them to press the elevator buttons. Of course, we're all standing in a properly-marked socially distant pattern in the elevator. Occasionally, I will wag my ball of tissues toward someone and proudly declare it to be my COVID-19 protection. I get a few nervous laughs, and Kathy just shakes her head. So far, nobody has reported me to hospital security.:)

Edison Carter, clint64, jluc and 6 others like this.
  8. timabababaluka

:happy102: Awesome!

9. timabababaluka

Awesomer! :D

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  10. timabababaluka

Thank you, Jason! Don't tell anyone, but I only stuck with it because it's fun ;)

clint64, jluc, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am glad that you are still keeping your sense of humor Charlie! As far as pizza, mmm!

Edison Carter, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yeah the motor is done too and discovered some bad spots in frame . Had a motor lined up to go in but scrapped that idea too.

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I am with you, I love to start my day with a great shave. Hope the Missus continues to recover well.

clint64, jluc, timabababaluka and 2 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

Thank you so much, Tim. We sincerely appreciate the prayers.

94 shavette shaves! Congrats -- you're almost to the finish line! I'll check in with you for tips before I re-start my shavette focus.
    Well, the nurse DID offer the advice, and I AM using a soup mug for my coffee. Yep, I'm still drinking coffee at 9:30 p.m. The kid on this one reminds me of @BaylorGator for some reason. I usually go for the one with the blonde-haired kid. My hair was that color many moons ago.
    wristwatch b coffee (soup) mug.jpg
    He's an incredibly cool guy, Tim. His smile lights up a room when he enters it. He definitely loves life and always has a good word.

He showed me a photo where he opened a 10-foot step ladder and strapped it to the inside of his canoe for support. He floats along in the canoe and climbs the ladder with a high-powered rifle to hunt moose. He calls it his mobile tree stand. I couldn't stop laughing. The safety team where I used to work would get the heebie-jeebies if they heard...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Edison Carter, clint64, jluc and 5 others like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

16. Bama Samurai

17. Bama Samurai

18. wristwatchb

Thanks very much, Joe!
    Just awesome, Chris. Classy MKII addition to your watch rotation.
    Thanks Joe. One day, I hope to meet you in NY for some real pizza. :)

19. Bama Samurai

Thanks for noticing.

30DC is a real thing.

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'll be ready to go to KC whenever you are. However, I've eaten Kansas City BBQ. Those people over on that side of the state. Hey, I won't argue they have probably the top NFL quarterback on the team now. And, I won't argue that their BBQ beats, oh, say, Fargo, ND. But that's about it. Still, if you're buying I'm choking it down. Deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.