June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!

June 15

Razor - Kai Captain (pain stick)
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Stirling Black Ice
    Brush - 30DC LE w/ Tuxedo
    Post - Alum

Monday, Monday. And MENTHOL MONDAY! As such, Stirling Black Ice came out to play. I do love me some black licorice. Well, all kinds, but the scent of this soap is really true to the old time black licorice. And, of course, it's Stirling so you don't have to even worry whether it's good or not. I used the original 30DC LE brush and just had fun with it. Kind of like a kid in a candy store. Buying black licorice.

Still with the Kai Captain and Feather Pro. Great three pass shave for a near-BBS with no worries or problems. Enjoyed it thoroughly and the alum was nice and quiet. I think I'll splash on some of the mighty Veg in the morning to help make my Tuesday even more terrific than usual! Have a great one.

June 15 2020.jpg

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have a few extras as well, Andrew. To be honest, at this rate of usage I probably won’t need any more unless I focussed on it. Coincidentally, I started my father in law on a similar kit- Palmolive stick and a flare tip with a mahogany brush.

3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Mmm nice scent ! Great shave Neal!

timabababaluka, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Love the shirt Chris!!! No tacos tonight???

5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice to see you Charlie ! Keep shaving, you don't want to end up getting mistaken for a hipster if you grow a beard . Glad to see Kathy is coming along well and you are staying out of trouble...at least thats what you tell us. Take care my friend, miss your posts and sense of humor!

6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I think this will be my choice of tobacco scent for Tuesday. Maybe I'll strop the straight and make it a real 1% er shave !
    20200615_201726.jpg

7. brit

brit in a box

fair enough.:) yard art..

timabababaluka, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

i want a seiko automatic simple watch.anyone here could tell me the best model? $150 0r under?thank you watch gurus..

9. brit

brit in a box

cool shave Patrick..

10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yes . Good thing there is no homeowner's association here .

11. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Fantastic menthol Monday shave, Neal. So many times I've hovered over Black Ice or Glacial Obsidian, remembered that the Missus is not a fan of black licorice. Just as well--I'd probably try to eat the soap :D

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'm staring at the tub of soap and its tempting me to shave right now . This is not the best hour to be sttopping a straight unfortunately.

13. brit

brit in a box

good old days when you retired the old truck to the pasture out back..:)

14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

That reminds me of when I was in Saskatchewan. Old vehicles of all sorts just parked in fields , not rusted out either like down here . Anything parked to rest forever here rots out fast.

15. brit

brit in a box

that's a shame.try and part out the good bits if you can.imo..someone will be thankful..:)..taillights,cluster,etc..

timabababaluka, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That would be a great day! Pizza, fellowship and being blessed by it all!

17. Trigger

I usually strop my straights the day before I use them so that I can just prep and shave.

18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088:

19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Tuesday Shave: Today's icon soap brush combo is Martin de Candre and a Simpson Duke 3 in best. When I go into wetshave the Duke 3 was recommended as being a great 'all around' brush, good for hard soaps to creams. It is an excellent brush but I prefer a longer handle. Added some liquid lanolin and M-bomb to the mix and the lather was slick, cool and nice post shave feel.

The razor is a PRC 6/8 western grind kami, one of my earliest straights and my first artisan blade. I ordered it as per beginner specs: 6/8 with a 1/2 hollow grind and a round point. I did not want to mess with scales so I ordered the kami. I would say that this was an excellent choice for learning with and would recommend the specs to all new learners.

The shave was excellent and finished it off with a splash of 'enhanced' Florida Water and a couple shots of Creed Millesmi Imperial, then out in to the heat.

IMG_9006.jpeg

20. Trigger

Terrific shave as always Keith! Yes, conventional wisdom states that a 5/8 and 6/8 round point with a half-hollow grind is suggested for a newbie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.