What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    My wife has been making laundry soap for years. Similar recipe as above. She uses either Zote or Fles Naptha, depending on what she finds or sometimes both. That’s a big 3 gallon jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gorgo2, Preacher, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How much do you use, per load?

Troy M likes this.
  3. efsk

efsk Active Member

Thanks.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Walking Stick

I ran into a guy at Sam's Club today who had a nice home-made walking stick, and we struck up a conversation. He has made hundreds of them and given them away. He said he had some out in his truck and that I could pick one out. Well, I did. It was a walking stick height, but I cut it down and put a handle on it to make it more of a cane for me. Here are the pictures after I finished. I ended up taking about a foot off the whole length, some from the top and some from the bottom.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I secured the handle to the top with two dowels.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

esvh, Erik Redd, gorgo2 and 5 others like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Classy!

6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

That’s a fantastic looking cane, Jim! I remember making a vine wrapped walking stick while in the Boy Scouts. Wish I still had it.

7. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Very nice

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yesterday I rallied many coworkers, and their families, for a get together at a local Micro Brewery. We enjoyed some great beer, some top notch cigars, all while listening to a very good local rock band, playing a lot of old rock. After, many of us went to Texas Roundhouse, for some great steaks.

BigMike and Enrico like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yesterday, I got the call from my South Cackalacky son to watch him install a new water heater. Well, it was a pleasure to go down and spend the day with him and his family and help him get the job done. We had a great time together, and now he is set for at least the next 12 years.

waterheater.jpg

10. richgem

Did I miss the "Here, Dad, hold my beer" part? Seems like there should be more of a story here and it went too easily. :(

Glad you got some good family time in. :)

Jayaruh likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I use about 2 tablespoons or one small scoop that come with the oxiclean clone ...... maybe a little more if the load is extra soiled.

:eatdrink013:

Sara-s and Droo78 like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I use to use Fels Naptha till I realized it bothered my skin ..... since I switched to Zote I've had no troubles.

:eatdrink013:

Troy M and Droo78 like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Enrico likes this.
  14. richgem

Ah, Fels Naptha... I still remember the taste from childhood. You can probably guess why.

Droo78 and Enrico like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Well, it turned out the wh he got had been dropped, so we took it back and got a refund. Went over to the Lowes and I used my military discount to help him out. So he bought all the good connectors, too. He has hot water now, and it looks better than ever.

Droo78, richgem and Enrico like this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I think she uses a heaping tablespoon in the front loader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sara-s likes this.
  17. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Sprung an oil leak!!!

Enrico likes this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Put 50 miles on my bike this morning, then broke out the chainsaw and dealt with some seriously overgrown rhododendrons.

Worked on breaking everything down and borrowed my neighbors truck to go to yard waste recycling, but they cut Sunday hours due to the pandemic.... bah.

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Man I would love to have that level of stamina!!!

PanChango likes this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It took some work to get there, but honestly the mental aspect is harder than the physical part.

It is all about managing discomfort and taking in enough calories to get through the ride.

Droo78 and Enrico like this.