June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks.

brit, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent shaves, Jason! I hope you've enjoyed you day. Happy Father's Day!

brit, jgreenepa, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thank you. It ended up being a pretty nice day all around.

brit, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Fantastic shave report, Tim! Congrats on getting to #100, catching the baby and finishing the AV bottle. Happy Father's Day!

7. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great shave and photo, Clint! No matter the lighting or backdrop, that gear always looks fantastic.
    Happy Father's Day and I hope you had a great one!

8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice shave. Happy Birthday!

9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Just the Basics June

Sunday's Shave

Merkur 15C
    Personna 'Platinum Chrome' (1)
    Wild West Brushworks
    Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Stick
    Pinaud Lime Sec

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers!
    The Merkur 15C was the 2nd DE razor I ever bought. I was still early on in learning about razor characteristics and just by its appearance, thought it would be a more "aggressive" razor. I really didn't even know what that meant at the time. What I found was that it is a very smooth, comfortable and mild razor.

I used what ended up being a new blade to me today. What I thought I was getting was a new pack of Made in the US, Personna Lab Blues, in the compact 100 box pack. These blades, although they do come in the same type pack just with a more updated logo, are made in Germany and are labeled "Platinum Chrome' on the blade. Either way, they were a really great blade and I look forward to using them again (I do have 99 more of them). They were part of the Father's Day gift from my two kids.

The Wilkinson Sword shave stick provided a cushy, slick lather today and it smells fantastic. I've only used it a handful of times, but I've enjoyed it each one.
    2 passes for a DFS and nothing even close to irritation. I finished off the shave with another part of my kids' present to me - Pinaud Lime Sec. What a great scent and I see why lots of you have it! To me, it starts off smelling like a lime flavored green candy sucker, but then dries down to a sort of soapy Irish Spring scent.

SOTD 06.21.2020.jpg

brit, Primotenore, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  10. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Thank you, Andrew! Oddly enough, finishing a bottle of AV was almost as big a deal for me as all the others :D

Hope you had a great Father's Day :D

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  11. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Fantastic photo, shave, and report, Andrew--you got some pretty sweet Father's Day gifts! I've often wondered about the Lime Sec, but then again, I've wondered about all the other ones as well. I'm very tempted to get the travel-size sample pack on the Clubman website so I can try them all. :D

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

We'll be alright. I'm glad you're hanging tough. Do it.

brit, 9nein9, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Random thread hijack

brit, clint64, Edison Carter and 6 others like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!

June 21

Razor - The Wunderbar
    Blade - voskhod-teflon-coated.jpg
    Soap - Blood on Steel 2018
    Brush - 30DC LE Meet Up w/ SynBad bulb
    Post - Alum

Happy first day of summer! Well, technically second day since the 20th was the official solstice, but summer is here! Hope you had some fun on a hot day to help shake off some rust and dust from the long hard winter and spring we had. Hopefully we won't be going back to that anytime soon! Decided I'd Wunderbar it tonight with a Voskhod. Best Russian steel and a totally cool and awesome slant. Can't beat that. I wanted to use the Blood on Steel from our very first meet up in 2018. And, of course, I used the LE brush from @jtspartan from the meetup in 2019. Three passes and I'm as smooth as a cue ball. No worries at all. For those who attended the meet up last year - you were in St. Louis, or very close to it. We met on the weekend of the 21-23 in June last year. It was a great time, and I hope we can do it again next year when things have settled down.

Now, for some news. As many of you know, if not most, this thread got its start on January 1, 2015. It's the brainchild of our own one and only Chris @Bama Samurai . I was a charter member. And, as it grew slowly but surely through 2015 and into 2016, he found himself a moderator around these parts. So, he asked me to take over the day to day stuff around the 30 DC. Glad to help. And, lo and behold, a bunch of newer guys got involved and we are now the monster we've become since them! I've rarely missed a day around here and I'm extremely proud of what we have all built. True friendships have evolved from this group. None closer than Chris and I. Brothers from a different mother. Others have had the same experience and, if you come to the meet up next year (hopefully) you'll see exactly what I mean. Shaving's our game, but it goes much deeper than that.

I know some of you have noticed that I've been a bit quieter in the past several months than normal. It's been a difficult year for me on a personal level. I won't go into any gory details, but the time has come to take some time and finish up some "remodeling" I've been doing on myself. I'll be honest, it's a break I wouldn't be taking if it wasn't required. But it is, and for good reason. This will be my final post on TSD and in the 30DC for some time. No, I'm not quitting the board or the thread. I'll be back. Which means, for you in the 30DC, keep it real and keep it going! I expect to see you all and spend a lot of time catching up when the time comes. Thank you so much for all the guys here who have made this such a special place and will continue to do so.

So, with that said, I will turn the reins back into the capable hands of Chris until my return. And, once I'm back, who knows where we might take this? Or how it might have evolved as it always has into something bigger than all of us. Good shaves, everyone. You're in my thoughts.

June 21 2020.jpg

15. Bama Samurai

Neal...

I promise... I will uphold the high standards of the 30DC and the RBC.

It's important in life to take care of biz.

You are forever the permanent host of this thread. I will jump in and try to be as awesome as you've been.

I will fail... So hurry back.

Love all y'all

Chris

brit, clint64, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Your presence will always be felt and I will miss you and look forward to your return. Hurry back.

brit, clint64, Edison Carter and 6 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Do what you need to do to be a better you Neal. Take care of yourself.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tim! That's a good idea with the samples. I did that with the Fine aftershaves by getting samples of them all.

19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I trust the break will be a success for you, Neal. Can’t wait for you to be back in the Czar’s throne.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Congrats on the great Father’s Day gifts, Andrew. Very cool.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.