SoS June 2020.

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by brit, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 21, 2020
    Tatara Masamune
    Feather
    Tatara Semogue Boar
    Mike’s Orange Cedarwood & Black Pepper
    Fine Italian Citrus

[​IMG]

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice looking brush..........

clint64 and jluc like this.
  3. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Father's day shave = Old Spice, soap, afs, asb

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64 and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

ER Streamline
    Gem Stainless PTFE
    Semogue 26mm BC Mistura
    Stirling Orange Chill Soap
    Alum
    Dr. Sana Alcoholado

It is amazing how nice of a shave I can manage when I take my time and pay attention. 2 passes with a smidge of touchup.

Enjoy your day.

7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

22 June 2020

* Charcoal Goods Level 3 OC + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Rootbeer Translucent C7
    * Mystic Water Egyptian Dragon
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday's Shave

Merkur 15C
    Personna 'Platinum Chrome' (1)
    Wild West Brushworks
    Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Stick
    Pinaud Lime Sec

SOTD 06.21.2020.jpg

9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Hiram Commander
    Blade: Feather Pro (D2)
    Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Premium Boar 24mm
    Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
    Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
    Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
    Shave Soap: Maggard's Lime & Bergamot Iced
    Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
    Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!

June 21

Razor - The Wunderbar
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Blood on Steel 2018
    Brush - 30DC LE Meet Up w/ SynBad bulb
    Post - Alum

Happy first day of summer! Well, technically second day since the 20th was the official solstice, but summer is here! Hope you had some fun on a hot day to help shake off some rust and dust from the long hard winter and spring we had. Hopefully we won't be going back to that anytime soon! Decided I'd Wunderbar it tonight with a Voskhod. Best Russian steel and a totally cool and awesome slant. Can't beat that. I wanted to use the Blood on Steel from our very first meet up in 2018. And, of course, I used the LE brush from @jtspartan from the meetup in 2019. Three passes and I'm as smooth as a cue ball. No worries at all. For those who attended the meet up last year - you were in St. Louis, or very close to it. We met on the weekend of the 21-23 in June last year. It was a great time, and I hope we can do it again next year when things have settled down.

Now, for some news. As many of you know, if not most, this thread got its start on January 1, 2015. It's the brainchild of our own one and only Chris @Bama Samurai . I was a charter member. And, as it grew slowly but surely through 2015 and into 2016, he found himself a moderator around these parts. So, he asked me to take over the day to day stuff around the 30 DC. Glad to help. And, lo and behold, a bunch of newer guys got involved and we are now the monster we've become since them! I've rarely missed a day around here and I'm extremely proud of what we have all built. True friendships have evolved from this group. None closer than Chris and I. Brothers from a different mother. Others have had the same experience and, if you come to the meet up next year (hopefully) you'll see exactly what I mean. Shaving's our game, but it goes much deeper than that.

I know some of you have noticed that I've been a bit quieter in the past several months than normal. It's been a difficult year for me on a personal level. I won't go into any gory details, but the time has come to take some time and finish up some "remodeling" I've been doing on myself. I'll be honest, it's a break I wouldn't be taking if it wasn't required. But it is, and for good reason. This will be my final post on TSD and in the 30DC for some time. No, I'm not quitting the board or the thread. I'll be back. Which means, for you in the 30DC, keep it real and keep it going! I expect to see you all and spend a lot of time catching up when the time comes. Thank you so much for all the guys here who have made this such a special place and will continue to do so.

So, with that said, I will turn the reins back into the capable hands of Chris until my return. And, once I'm back, who knows where we might take this? Or how it might have evolved as it always has into something bigger than all of us. Good shaves, everyone. You're in my thoughts.

[​IMG]

11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

12. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

Tonight's shave.

Razor - Atlas 888 its between a 6/8" and 7/8" it gives a really smooth comfortable shave. I tried my HESS No. 1 but it wasnt working. I took a razor that was smooth and ran it across the Jnat to test the comfort on a Jnat and yeah blade is worse now. Gonna have to just focus on 12k synth for now.

Strop - 3" latigo with Flax Linen. Hardware and linen is from Tony Miller. The Latigo is from a Grim Blades strop.

Brush - Grizzly Bay with 26mm 2-band

Soap - Stirling Haverford

Aftershave- Stirling Haverford

20200621_210228_compress89.jpg 20200621_210307_compress31.jpg 20200621_210255_compress10.jpg

13. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date:- 22 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Fourth & Pine
    Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #8
    Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
    Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

14. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Hot and humid today gents. Typical Midwest summer day. No need for moisturizing agents, I need something
    ‘drying’. To me hot, humid weather means 1 thing- Bay Rum. Sharp, clean, light, and fleeting, it’s absolutely
    perfect for the ‘situation.’

Shampoo and conditioner : Garnier whole blends, coconut oil and cocoa butter. (Tames ‘frizz’ in the high humidity.)
    Soap - Coast coconut. Soft washcloth.
    Deodorant - Suave Tropical Paradise.
    Shave Secret PSO.
    Masters vanishing menthol shave cream.
    Simpson Col.X2L brush
    Q-Shave scuttle.
    RazoRock old style O.C. head, on a Merkur 33C handle.
    Shark chrome blade.
    Dickinson’s witch hazel (as always)
    Gabels Bay Rum.
    The Masters cream is always refreshing when it’s so hot and humid. And of course, when your skin is hydrated
    a soft badger brush just seems to ‘hit the spot’. As I’ve noted the O.C. really works great for multiple pass shaves
    b.b.s. especially. When the humidity gets high like this, you don’t want glycerin, or glycol A.S.
    A plain alcohol splash leaves your skin soft and comfortable. During the summer, I prefer a ‘plain’ Bay Rum.
    To me, Bay Rums that are cinnamon smelling work better in the winter. ‘Cowboy Bay Rum’.
    In the summer, bay oil, alcohol. Simple. Don’t know the science, it just works. This year I’m using the Gabels.
    I like it. Bay Rums in general, and Gabels A.S. in particular are known for being ‘fleeting’.
    I’ve had Dominica, West Indies, St. John’s, Royall, all ‘pure’ B.R. None of them really were that strong, which is
    good when it’s super humid, scents have a way of ‘hanging around’ and a ‘light’ scent smells ‘stronger’.
    My next B.R. Will be Superior 70, another plain, ‘tropical’ B.R.
    One thing I really like about the Gabels B.R., is that it’s an actual after shave with a ‘pure’ B.R. scent.
    The other B.R.s’ that I mentioned aren’t A.S. They’re B.R. It’s more than just an A.S.
    Gabels is aftershave, it doesn’t have as much alcohol in it as a straight B.R.
    So it’s a lot less ‘warming’, very nice when it’s hot. Feels much more comfortable. Unless the superior 70’s
    knocks me out, this is probably my go-to alcohol only B.R. And of course, nothing pairs better with B.R.
    than coconut. A hot burger, a cold Bud, and a glass of bourbon. Perfect for the ‘situation’.

15. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

June 22.jpg

Parker SRX Shavette

Philémon Shaving Brush

The Body Shop Maca root & aloe softening shaving cream

16. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 06/22/20

Gillette Ball End Old Type
    Parker (1)
    Badger
    C.O. Bigelow
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue A/S

Have A Great Day! DSCF4794.JPG

17. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

I wish I'd be wise enough to do what you said and I believe...

PanChango likes this.
  18. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

2020-06-22, Monday

Today, caught up in a raptus, I used a soap that had been lying in oblivion for some time and I realized that I was wrong to neglect it.

Although it is tallow free, it is very effective and creates a compact, long-lasting and dilutable lather.
    The only flaw is the non-perfume: pleasant, but anodyne, it lacks personality. But, perhaps, commercially more sellable.
    But it offers a great post shave.

The AS doesn't excite me for the low alcohol content, but it is nutritious: used after a seriously alcoholic one, it leaves the skin toned.

Once again, no one will notice how handsome and smooth I am: got to get along with this...

[​IMG]

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
    Sapone: Saponificio Varesino, Tundra Artica
    Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Senna, Silvertip 24
    Rasoio: Mühle, R89, Rosegold
    Lametta: Feather
    AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
    AS 2: Saponificio Varesino, Tundra Artica
    EdT: Vicious, Accidia
    ST: Duke Ellington, Jungle Nights in Harlem

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 22nd
    Razor: H&S Co PO76 17-4
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay Biblical/Shoat gel boar
    Pre-shave: PAA Rabid Banana Cube
    Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA Astra Planeta Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Astra Planeta

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/22/2020

Fine "Marvel" razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    VDH Deluxe Shave Soap
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Haven't used the VDH Deluxe in a very very long time and now wonder why. Lathers easily and gives great protection, what's not to like. Hadn't ever paired up the Fine razor and the Treet blade. They complimented each other and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.