June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Lovely shaves with a great kit! Hope grad school continues to go well, Matt! When I was in grad school in the early 70s, a shave was just something one had to get through in the morning. Too bad I never appreciated it properly at the time. What a wonderful way to prepare for the day!

Edison Carter, brit, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  2. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Its going good, tons of procedures now with the whole Pandemic reaching new heights in South Africa, we've overtaken China and Canada now.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

It absolutely was a great shave. Thank you. The hunt for a new fuel tank will continue.

brit, timabababaluka, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thanks Andrew for your take on the soap

5. jgreenepa

Great shave report with supporting photos! That razor is gorgeous! Beautiful handle on the brush! Looks like a great, meaty latherpig!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

4EFEB877-512E-48BF-B3BE-F5C1BCC47262.jpeg
    June 28th

Proraso SF & AS - Red
    Rockwell 6s (6)
    Bolzano SuperInox

Camping at the track shave....the Proraso shaving foam surprised me today, tried something (by mistake/habit) usually reserved for when I’m bowl or face lathering. It has residual slickness similar to many of the soaps and creams I usually bowl or face lather. Did a few swipes without realizing over some areas I’d already shaved. With the other shaving foam or gel I’ve used (Barbasol or Gillette), that’d be razor burn irritation city. Impressive for a shave foam in a can.

2.5 passes, DFS results. Should have brought along another blade pack...this blade is toast. No irritation or bloodletting, but definitely rough trying to get the blade to do it’s job this morning. Called it quits before any issues.

Still another day to go, traveling to another event this evening. Back at it with a rare Monday event tomorrow. Have to see if I can get the Panasonic ARC4 foil shaver charged....it’s been sitting in the glove box in forever hibernation. Might end up with a skip day.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

7. jgreenepa

Great shave, Tim! Astras are good blades and have generally performed well for me! Every now and then a dud pops up! Sounds like your shave went well! Empirical knowledge serves us well and is always the best teacher! Have a great Sunday!

Edison Carter, brit, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Sorry the blade punked out on you, Blair! I shaved with Barbasol for decades without irritation! Gillette Foamy on the other hand never performed well for me! I’m glad that Proraso in a can did the trick! Enjoy your Sunday!

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful shaves, gentlemen!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. jgreenepa

Joe:
    I guarantee you would like Obsidian, Goombah! It’s like shaving with anisette cookie scent!

brit, timabababaluka, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 28th
    Razor: Paradigm Diamondback 2020
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
    Brush: Simpson CH2 synthetic
    Pre-shave: PAA Rabid Banana Cube
    Soap: A&E L'Orange Verte
    Stirling Orange Chill witch hazel
    Stirling Glacial balm
    AS: A&E L'Orange Verte

Good morning!

Fantastic shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Just the lightest tickle from the alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

12. jgreenepa

Stay healthy and safe, young man! I always enjoy your posts!

13. jgreenepa

Great Sunday shave, Jim! That Chubby looks like a real lather pig! I always enjoy your photography highlighting the latest modern artisan shave gear! Enjoy your day and stay safe! This corona stuff is sinking all over the Midwest and south!

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Jeff!

brit, jgreenepa, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave with the goop. I have not used a canned cream in several years. Good in a pinch. Also, I have not had a skip day in about three years. I just enjoy the whole process of the wet shaving, time to myself etc. that I do not want to miss a day.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Trigger said, “The soaps that haven't tried that interest me are Pumpkin Spice, Barbershop, Pineapple Chill and possibly Obsidian.”

I believe in an e-mail the folks at Stirling May have indicated that after this summer Obsidian will be discontinued.

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

June 28, 2020

Colonial Al General V1
    Feather Pro
    Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Stirling Soap Co. Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Soap & Aftershave
    Terre D'hermes

[​IMG]

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy Sunday! I've decided to change the name of the description of my neck shave from the "Y formation" to the "Cactus formation".Why is that. Well, for the last two shaves, using the "Y", I completely overlooked the area from the top of the straight line of the Y(where the angles begin)
    to the center of my jawline. I got it today, and with that came the decision to change it to "Cactus".
    As for this morning's shave itself, I had the Gillette Foamy again, followed by Stoylin Glacial Lime A.S. I've always been able to manage can shaves with just one pass. Sometimes some additional touch-ups are needed, as with this morning, but I never do a full second pass.

19. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thank you.

You can't know it, it's a unique piece.
    Made for me by a fellow pharmacist.
    Very good at him, very good at the product.
    Perfect, for me.
    https://foroafeitado.com/showthread.php?tid=25191

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Andrew we had some pretty big storms roll through with high winds. No power loss but I did loose several limbs off a big water oak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.