Haryali safety razor review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by J_Man, Jun 28, 2020.

1. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I figured that I would do a short review on the so called "Haryali's of London" $15 DE. I say so called because as we all know these cheap razors tend to pop up under dozens of different names.

First off I will mention that the Ebay seller shipped the wrong item, but seeing as how I actually liked the razor, I offered to keep it if he sold me the one that I had originally ordered at half price--to which he agreed, so I am satisfied with that resolution.

The overall build quality is quite good for a razor at this price point, both fit and finish were above what I normally see on razors in this price bracket. The head is that of the common EJ style clones with no blade alignment issues and an overall nice finish, but as always YMMV. I would probably rate it at midscale for aggressiveness, but then again I shim almost every razor & keep my adjustables wide open, so admittedly I am not the best judge on this.

The handle was flawless and beautifully finished [once again ymmv] the knurling was just right providing an excellent grip and it felt quite good in the hand. In my opinion it is a well balanced instrument.

On to the shave; I loaded it with a Gillette 7 O'clock sharp [the only blade for me] and I lathered up with some TOBS sandlewood.
    I proceeded with my usual 3 pass shave.

First pass [wtg] was smooth and effective with a nice amount of audible feedback and the razor felt comfortable and well balanced with enough weight to let it do it's job.

Second pass [xtg] I would considder to be on par with most of my adjustables set at mid point and once again a smooth comfortable shave.

Third pass [atg] was just as good as the previous ones and I had no trouble obtaining my usual BBS.

To sum it up I would say that while it may not be the highest quality razor out there it is well worth the $15.00 it cost me.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Enrico, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. J_Man

Note; my camera makes everything look bad, but the finish is practically on par with my EJ's.

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  3. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

4. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Nice exaple of a good product from Pakistan, as well from India or China. *
    BTW, all this EJ clones are not clones.
    EJ DE89 use a Standard geometry.
    These are Standard Plus (normally), with a little more gap.
    Mostly +0,10-0,15mm, as a shim.

EDIT:
    * Lots of brands, in UK and USA too, are rebrand of these products.
    I've a nice chinese product with Maggard Razors brand.
    And I love it.

Nice price, great shave.
    Best q/p ratio ever.
    Beats easily all the other jewel-like I've tried.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  5. J_Man

By clone I wasn't referring to the actual specifications of the head just the style....As in it's just another EJ lookalike, which is a popular trend amongst the manufacturers of these low end products--they know how to talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk.

BTW, I am just glad they got the blade alignment right, because there is nothing that irritates me more than fiddling with a blade to get it straight only to end up with a razor that is more aggressive on one side.

Unfortunately I may just have gotten lucky because as we all know that quality control can be quite unpredictable with these products. I will update on this when the other razor arrives.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. J_Man

Update; it's been 7 days since the purchase of the 2nd razor, tracking # still shows that the item hasn't been recieved by the post office and the Ebay seller has not responded to my inquiries...not impressed.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like you got a good razor there. Hope your issue with the second one is resolved soon.

8. J_Man

I can't be that lucky. Looks like I need to register a complaint with Ebay.

Also, the post office has appearantly lost my NIB Tech. It was mistakenly sent [by USPS] to a post office 70 miles away from me. They claim they sent it to my local post office on that same day, but it's been 3 days and there is no scan history since it arrived at the wrong office...Customer service hasn't been very helpful. They only know that it arrived [and was scanned] at the wrong location and was never scanned into the system again!!!!!

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I remember having a package go to the wrong PO. It took about a week, but I finally got it. Maybe it will work out for you. I hope so.

J_Man likes this.
  10. J_Man

Well it was finally updated and it was somehow shipped 60 miles from where it had last been, so now it's 130 miles away from me. Gotta love the post office LOL! Maybe one day it will get to my mail box.

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like there is hope after all.
    [​IMG]

J_Man likes this.