NB 2020?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark83, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m still in!

Paul Turner and Silvestris like this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I’m in since 2018. 2019 saw no purchases and 2020 is going fine. I might actually need blades however for the first time since 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I’m always in excluding expendables like blades, and only a one for one replacement, say I use up blades, only replace same blade.
    Only a Gillette bottom dial or toggle will make me not buy anything new in foreseeable future.

Troy M and Jim99 like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

:)..i try..

Paul Turner and Jim99 like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m still hanging in there and even sold off 11 razors from my den since January 1st.

I was a bit tempted to pick up a couple of soaps, but I realized that I still have about 8 more soaps sitting in my inventory.

So far, so good!

PanChango and brit like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I am down a few razors, DE blades, soaps, and brushes on the year, but picked up some SE blades when I ran out. If I could have gotten them locally for the same price as Connaught, I would just pick up a pack when needed, but 78 cents per blade compared to 17 cents from Connaught made it a wise decision to buy in bulk.

In the strictest sense, I am out. For my personal plan, I am still in and not planning any purchases.

Jim99 and brit like this.
  7. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Halfway point of 2020. Keeping a beard on has helped, but my 16 year old is using my blades now, so likely will buy blades before the calendar flips to 2021. Twice weekly head and neck shaves make the blades last quite a while for me.

brit likes this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m hanging in there. I have been managing my temptations by simply not looking at any shave related products beyond the forum. However, I did win the PIF for the “? By Tom”, but that doesn’t count.

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

still buying the odd gillette set here and there,but not like my first year as a newbie..adding to the fold by choice and have given a lot away.fine tuning..great progress gents..

Jim99 and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what I did in 2018....tried..........and failed.

brit likes this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That’s a good plan! After you’ve tried them all, you know what you like and don’t like. Keep what you love and sell/trade/PIF the rest. Any new acquisitions are to better refine your den.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..thank you Jim..:)

Jim99 likes this.
  13. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'm having seconds thoughts about this since I learned that some of the stuff I like has been discontinued or reformulated. I decided to go half way through the year at the very least.

14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m still hanging in there and haven't bought anything this year. Only 6 more months to go!

15. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Well I definitely failed . I bought a puck of Fine aquamarine and fresh vetiver as well as a puck of Tabac. Man, I LOVE Fine brand soaps.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Jim99 like this.
  16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Well, half the year is better than nothing and you went out by picking up an excellent product.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  17. Silvestris

Things I wanted to buy are nowhere to be found, so I guess I can do another 6 months if not more.

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Now I am definitely out. After 7 years sitting in a box with half a knot in it, I bought a knot to redo my dad's brush.

Replacing SE blades and a knot is likely all I will purchase this year. After buying it, I gave a brush away to keep things at the same level.

19. Silvestris

My guess was wrong.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I saw that new razor, the BBS, from Italian Barber. It’s tempting, but I’m sure they will still have it in January if it’s any good.

Still in with 5 months to go!

PanChango likes this.