July 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jun 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaves going to look like in July?

1. Nothing but the finest gear for my shaves.

32.1%
  2. Actually, I am a Barbarian, so I’ll shave with whatever I want!

71.4%
  3. Who was Julius Caesar, really?

17.9%
  4. Who made the salad?

17.9%
  5. I don’t answer polls, they’re all fixed.

10.7%
  6. I don’t recognize this thread, am I on the correct website?

10.7%
  7. We don’t need no stinking polls. (That’s for you, Paul)

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent photo, Clint! Glad the shave went well. Hope your day goes the same.

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Keithmax, JACarbone, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20200709 Grecia
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Bat71 “Cashmere”
    Olive Wood, Abalone Shell Inlay, Yaqi SK07, 24x50x115mm
    ---
    KEPKINH Pure Vetiver
    Κερκινη V3 by βeecosmetics
    Sample by Luc68@ilRasoio
    vs
    Martin de Candre Vétyver
    Savon à raser Série Limitée
    Sample by TheDruid@ilRasoio
    ---
    Colonial Razors "The General V1"
    Aluminium 6061, Black Anodized B1, 44g, 50x96mm
    ---
    Sapphoo Red #6
    Kai Captain Titan Mild MG ProTouch Replica
    Sample by klopp@ilRasoio
    ---
    Rodolfo Landini Vetiver After Shave
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
    [​IMG]
    Full size:
    https://i.imgur.com/mL59wAr.jpg
    Soundtrack:
    Starway to Heaven (Live) | Led Zeppelin

4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent vetiver shave, Pierpaolo!
    Today's music selection is, in my opinion, one of the best songs ever written and performed by one of the greatest bands ever! :git:

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. The TnS is certainly different than anything other boar knot I’ve used. I hope it breaks in and works better.

jgreenepa, Trigger and jluc like this.
  6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

July 9, 2020

Wolfman WR2-OC w WRH7 SS
    Wizamet Super Iridium
    Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
    Mike's Natural Soaps Coconut
    Stirling Soap Co. Island Man
    Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet

[​IMG]

Keithmax, PLAla, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew. I hope you have a great day.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fabulous vetiver shave and song selection Pierpaolo.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking good Mark. Happy Thursday

timabababaluka, Trigger and jluc like this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great looking shaves, gentlemen!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

75C03B7C-B08D-4FC7-9FFB-CB565D36EDC3.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY, JULY 9, 2020

Yesterday was my first no-shave day since my hospitalization back in January. My daughter-in-law had a bit of a medical emergency early yesterday morning! So I ended up spending the day at my son’s watching my youngest grandson, Nate, all day. Everything is fine now. So this morning when I woke up, I was really in the mood for a good shave! I’ve had a few shaves with the Feather SS Kamisori loaded with a Feather Super, which provided a close shave, but left me with at least 1 and sometimes 2 weepers consistently.

Since I’m still mastering proper hold technique, albeit with 6 extra pounds strapped to my forearms, I decided to heed my friend, Bill Morgan’s (@Edison Carter) advice. I didn’t own any ProGuards, but while admiring my son’s shave den yesterday, noticed a box of 10 Feather Proguards. So I helped myself to a magazine of 15 blades, and informed my son upon his return later that day that it constituted my childcare payment. Although in all honestly I should have paid him! Nate and I had a grand time.

Back to this morning’s shave! I decided to bowl lather my MWF this morning for a change. So I bloomed the puck in hot water during my shower. After my cold water rinse and Rabid Banana Preshave application, I loaded the Feather SS with the Feather Proguard blade directly from the magazine. Instead of a Schick injector style metal key, there’s a plastic post that fits into the end of the Kamisori SS and allows for direct, hands-free blade injection right into the razor.

With that task complete, I grabbed the Jayaruh Custom #343 Synthetic, a great little lather machine, and proceeded to generate an enormous amount of thick, slick lather from the bloomed MWF puck. The different blade resulted in an actual VBBS two pass (WTG, ATG) Mug Shave, my first with an open edge! Thanks, Bill! Should have heeded your well-intentioned advice earlier. What was even more amazing is that the alum check revealed no heat whatever! I considered using the same razor for the dome, but decided to quit while ahead. The Supply V2 is probably the best injector razor I own, and delivered its usual bloodless VBBS dome shave.

But the best part was yet to come! After a liberal splash of Humphreys WH followed by Osage Rub, I pulled out what used to be one of my favorite AS splashes, and a guaranteed migraine inducer for poor SWMBO, Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS Splash. Fortunately, SWMBO is 374 miles away on Cape Cod until Monday. As my friend, Jim (@jluc) has been known to say, “I smell pretty!!”. I may have gone a bit overboard application-wise! I know this because my good friend, Gromit, the dachshund, had an initial violent sneezing fit, and has since been keeping his distance probably until the fumes die down. I feel cool clean, and oh so velveteen!

RAZOR: Feather SS Kamisori (Mug), Supply V2 (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather Proguard AC (Mug), Schick B-20 Proline (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse and Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
    BRUSH: Jayaruh #343 Synthetic
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood AS Splash.

12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nice shave, Mark!

13. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

:thanks:

@Droo78
    I totally agree, Andrew.
    Now It's spinning in loop ...

I just love it.

14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent shave and report, Jeff! Glad you had a great time with your grandson and your daughter-in-law is doing fine now.

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful shave and report, Jeff! Great to hear your daughter-in-law is okay. Hopefully Gromit recovers.

16. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thursday's Shave

Rockwell 6C (plate 6)
    Astra SP (2)
    Turn-N-Shave 'Party Brush'
    Erasmic Shaving Soap
    Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave
    Guerlain Vetiver EdT

The Rockwell is one of only a handful of modern production razors I own. Today, it came off the bench and performed like a champ. This shave was my first run with Erasmic. It's the last of this year's Father's Day gifts that I had not used yet. It has a unique scent that I really have no idea of the profile. It "smells nice" is all I can say for now. :) It lathered easily and was fairly slick, so it will stay in the rotation.

Two passes for a DFS+ result and no irritation today. Influenced by @ischiapp 's recent SOTD posts, I decided on a vetiver finish that I'll enjoy throughout the day.

SOTD 07.09.2020.jpg

Keithmax, PLAla, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and cool brush, Andrew!

18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jim!

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Boy, am I going to get a lesson here. It was in this medium(TSD)that I first saw that the term "clean dirt" to describe a shave soap doesn't mean the shave will be "dirty". To take it a step further, the CTS soap I'm getting(reportedly tomorrow)has the words "fougere", "mud" and "very masculine" in the same description. I guess there's a way all of that can be put together, in this world we know as wet-shaving.

Keithmax, clint64, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    July Focus
    [​IMG]
    Czech & Speake~~Rubberset~~1941 Ranger Tech/Personna 74~~Yardley
    This month is fast becoming a lavender focus, which I have done multiple times in the past.
    The scent never seems to disappoint me; from the complex (Barrister and Mann) to the simple (Mike's)
    I almost reached for my MdC original, but at the last minute chose the C&S.
    Being recently discontinued, I thought that I would pay homage to one of the great soaps.
    C&S Oxford & Cambridge is one of those complex lavender scents.
    It seems to be a combination of English and French lavenders with some rosemary.
    It works more like a fougère rather than a full-blown lavender.
    Good lather, but a tad airy.
    Still the RT was able to contend and the results were more than acceptable.

Keithmax, PLAla, clint64 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.