In the boonies...

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by '65 G-Slim, Jul 19, 2020.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

...nothing beats a peaceful evening beside a campfire, miles from the nearest sign of civilization...
    [​IMG]
    Valley of the Gods, southeast Utah

brit, SharptoothC, Enrico and 4 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great scenery and picture! Looks like one that could be used for a car advertisement.

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Beautiful! I sure miss camping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. '65 G-Slim

Another lovely spot, away from banging shopping carts, barking dogs, and loud music blaring from a certain red-shoe'd Leo (his astrology sign, according to Kim) in his Jeep...Muley Point, across the Moki Dugway, overlooking the canyon carved out by the San Juan River...
    [​IMG]
    I miss these days, actually. First time in my life I felt totally free. But, there comes a time when a guy has to "settle down". She wouldn't be able to handle the triple-digits we've been having lately, if we were still car-dwelling. It's wonderfully cool out this evening, though...monsoon season, you know.

5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I lived in AZ for 16 years and enjoyed the camping. My honeymoon was camping in the Four Corners region. Glad to see you overcame the challenges in your life and found some joy. You were definitely social distancing.

brit and '65 G-Slim like this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

Here in our spot at Wally's...
    [​IMG]
    ...pretty good, all things considered. No one ever bothered us, we had bathrooms close by, and shade during the day. Noisy, though.

brit and Keithmax like this.