What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    ISKRA Vintage Safety Razor is within 50 miles. I hope to see it tomorrow or Tuesday.
    [​IMG]

2. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

brit likes this.
  3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

That looks like it, but no markings inside the case lid (seller's image)...
    [​IMG]

4. brit

brit in a box

very cool,nice set.england had thin handle techs until 1948 or so but they were hollow and light like the fat handle,and made from 2 pieces..i really like my french thin handle due to it's weight and its a true 1 piece like a ball end handle..they are quite rare,especially here..that could be an english set ,but mr. razor has little to no info on them..

'65 G-Slim and Droo78 like this.
  5. '65 G-Slim

This was listed as being 52 grams, a bit heavier than the US fat handle Tech. Should be an excellent shaver ;)

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

yes sir ..enjoy..:)

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  7. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Earlier this morning I bought on Etsy this vintage NOS His Excellency solidified shave cream. The seller says it’s from the 1970’s, but I think it may be older than that. The decoration on the lid is according to the seller Bakelite. I bought this for $25 plus shipping. Can’t wait to see how this performs. B012BFCF-5112-4AEA-8951-6A3B00D3014E.jpeg 5551BF18-7BD6-431A-BB68-C94117E5ED81.jpeg

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

While that hideous color scheme screams 1970 it looks like they were early on it.

Ad is 1947.Not exactly the same set but suggests similar vintage.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Jim99, BigD and 3 others like this.
  9. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s incredible. Thanks for showing me this.

brit likes this.
  10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

The razor finally started to move again. I can now say, I think I am done buying razors from outside the us. Because I am nowhere near patient enough to do this kind of wait again.

11. brit

brit in a box

the last year/quarter canadian tech produced.z-4 1954.
    s-l1600_edited.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  12. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I found a gentleman to sell me the Razorock barbershop handle for my Game Changer. It arrived today and now I'm waiting on my B&M Petrichor to arrive.

Jim99, BigD, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

:)
    [​IMG]
    Fixin' to take it for test shave now.

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome..french tech.the razor was made in france after the early 50s i believe..

'65 G-Slim and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. '65 G-Slim

The top cover is a bit worn, but it closes evenly (although doesn't snap shut tight) and the felt is pretty good (although the lettering is almost totally gone)...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very little plate loss on the heavy, solid handle (made in France?), with a bit of discoloring at the top, but cap & base plate are great. Gives a wonderfully smooth, mild, & close shave. My new daily driver.

Curious why Gillette would make the top in England and the handle (and also the case, I suppose) in France. Any reason for the mix & match?

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome tech set.it's from around 1949/50 ish.shortly afterward the cap and plate were made in france and are stamped as such.like england it took them a while to get the machinery to produce the post war u.s design plates and caps.england had the flat bottom design until 1949 ish..

17. '65 G-Slim

I want a flat bottom Brit Tech ;)

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

they are fine razors .i like them for many reasons.they are still quite abundant..:)

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  19. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Waiting on this to arrive.

image.png

20. brit

brit in a box

MntnMan62 likes this.