Sweet Aftershave + Menthol (need recommendations)

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Jul 27, 2020.

1. idan

idan Active Member

hey:
    i need recommendations for a sweet aftershave containing menthol.
    (even a sweet aftershave without menthol is also fine).
    feel free to recommend a sweet aftershave with and without menthol

Many thanks Have a nice day [​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I use Nivea Sensitive Cooling after shave balm...cooling to the skin, moisturizes, and my gal loves the smell.

3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Hmmm...sweet. While scents are, of course, very subjective, there are some things that pop into my mind when I hear you ask that question. I can only answer about stuff I have in my den. To me, Osage Rub would fall into a sweet description. Yep, its slightly medicinal smelling as well, but ends up as a wonderful old school sweetness to me. Its a granddaddy of mentholated after shave type tonics. One of my favorite aftershaves is Floid Mentolado Vigoroso. Old school scent with a sweet idea to it, especially on dry down. Stirling has Black Cherry...deliciously sweet and with great "strength". You can order with no menthol or 2 levels. They also have Iced Pineapple...you can imagine that I'm sure! I also have Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood. Its a very nice combo that ends up with a rich sweetness. Again, you can order with or without menthol. Im sure theres more Stirlings that would qualify. To me, Aqua Velva Musk could be called sweet. I dont get a pungent muskiness to it, more just a sweetness. Its got great staying power and decent strength. Pinaud's Virgin Island Bay Rum and Citrus Musk come to mind when I think "sweet". If you were interested in finding online or exploring yard sales, flea markets, etc, Avon has a bunch of vintage scents that I personally think could be called sweet. I'm not very familiar with their current stuff. All of my aftershaves are of the drugstore and very reasonably priced variety. I have well over 60 scents now. There isnt one that I wouldnt wear on a regular basis. I am not familiar with expensive stuff, and theres many many more popular brands used by gals and guys here that I don't have any experience with.

Paul Turner and wristwatchb like this.
  4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle w/menthol. Citrusy vanilla and musk. And you can get it in regular or glacial menthol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Mennen Skin Bracer strikes me as sweet, but maybe just me. Others may not think so.

Jim99, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

pre de provence 63 aftershave balm is sweet to my nose.no menthol though..

7. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yeah...I get that.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. ddillas

ddillas New Member

Wet Shaving Products (WSP) Citrus Blast + Menthol is wonderful. And if you can catch them when they produce a batch, the matching soaps in vegan or tallow formulas are great too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk