How's Your Day? August 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Aug 1, 2020.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Good Opening Day so far.. I found a way to relax a little better at the gym(sure is tough breathing into your mask while working out. ). Off to supermarket shopping later.

Frijolero likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was a great day for archery, as it was not quite so hot. One of the regulars brought his 12-year-old son with him. Archery kids are terrific. They tend to be polite and very able to converse with adults. This young boy, Dean, was no exception. We had a delightful chat and he even helped me bring my target in, when I finished shooting.

Frijolero, Karl G and Paul Turner like this.
  4. richgem

Yes, but did he hold still when you put the apple on his head.?

wristwatchb, Frijolero and Karl G like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's healthy for kids around that age to converse with adults.

Sara-s likes this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

The Soap & Suds is "closed until further notice". Well, shoot. Hafta start going to the Laundromat on Third from now on. A buck & a quarter more if I go solo, but I reckon I'll go when Kim goes and we'll split the cost. First-world problems can be a pain sometimes.

Frijolero and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor

Frijolero likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]

Frijolero and richgem like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The last couple of days have been busy. My mom’s power went out on Tuesday & was still out Wednesday morning. Not knowing how long it old be out, I booked a handicap-accessible hotel room here on Staten Island. The room was fine, but the hotel doesn’t have an on-site restaurant, so I bought in meals for us to have together.

Thankfully, the power came back within the day so I have taken her back home. I’m home myself now & quite tired.

I can’t tell you how much I want to shoot some arrows!

Frijolero likes this.
  10. whaap

whaap Active Member

Today is not too good. My years of sailing are catching up with me. Today I saw an Oncologist and we've scheduled surgery for next Friday to work on the melanoma on my back and see if it got into any of my lymph nodes. What-the-hell, I'm 86 so it's about time that something showed it's ugly head. :)

Frijolero likes this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Good luck to you. Hopefully it was caught early.

Frijolero and whaap like this.
  12. '65 G-Slim

Could be worse... I just drug up. Headed for the wilderness, can"t live with a crazy woman no more. I could do nothing right. So it was in my best interest to GTFO, excuse my French.

I will still be around. I did get one last shower and shave in, most of my clothes are clean, and I have a little money in the bank. All is good.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  13. richgem

Well, power is on as of last night having lost it on Tuesday afternoon. I have a small portable generator, so it wasn't a total loss. But I don't think I've ever been so grateful for air conditioning. but doubly grateful for the fact that this isn't winter

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Glad you got it back @richgem ! Sorry you were without it for this amount of time.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  15. richgem

Thanks, Sara. It was definitely a new experience, but definitely not that bad after all. At the very least, it forced me to do some reading. And, it wasn't so horrible to go to bed with the sun and get more sleep than usual.

I'm now about 60% of the way through the first Harry Potter book in Dutch. Beyond the language learning, it's interesting to see what they translated/didn't translate/changed slightly. For example, some of the names were changed to their Dutch equivalent, some weren't changed, a name or two is just totally different. The feasts now contain some Dutch food items, etc.

wristwatchb, Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  16. richgem

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  17. '65 G-Slim

Enjoying some much-needed peace & quiet...

Attached Files:

Intrigued likes this.
  18. richgem

"As a kid my parents taught me not to believe everything I see on TV. Now, I have to teach them not to believe everything they see on the internet."

Erik Redd likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had a laser treatment for the floaters in my left eye. Getting one pupil dilated is one of the few things more annoying than getting both of them dilated.

PanChango, richgem and Droo78 like this.
  20. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Made it through hurricane Laura here north of Houston - had a rain shower in the afternoon from the outer bands. Then, nothing I could tell the rest of time.
    Did have power outage yesterday though...planned brownouts in the area for safety while crews were restoring power to the areas that did affected near here. I was lucky, we were only out a few minutes; a lot of folks were without all afternoon.

Craziest part was my family friends from back in in NE Texas wondering why we weren't evacuating up there. Looking at the radar and forecasts, it seemed the highest probability was going to be better here. It was.

I retract the "craziest" title on the prior statement. The craziest part of the storm, was seeing Shreveport, LA be under Hurricane warning. Amazing.

Sara-s likes this.