Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

lovely shaves and pics gents..

MPF9 and GAW9576 like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday's Shave

Eversharp/Schick I2 HydroMagic
    Personna Blade
    Grizzly Bay Custom 'Crimson Tide'
    Central Texas Soaps 'Sandalwood' Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Central Texas Soaps 'Sandalwood' Aftershave

SOTD 08.09.2020.jpg

3. brit

brit in a box

awesome Andrew..

GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday PAL Shave, Aug 9th,2020
    Razor: PAL injecto-matic - Mfg 1952>? Great injector razor with a light touch gives a great shave. Million dollar razor?
    Blade: Personna injector- Very sharp and smooths out over time, great longevity & good cost per shave if it matters.
    Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- great scent and good lather qualities. One of my favorite scents in soaps.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle- excellent lather generator, nice soft cloud feel tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my PAL injecto-matic razor.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Glenn, Despined Gem PTFE SS blade, shave 1
    [​IMG]

I did the best to align the blade for the same exposure as the Feather. Unlike the first go around with a gem and the spine still on the blade this was not a brutal shave experience. The razor in this configuration gives very little hint of cutting unlike the with a Feather which tugs a bit. The angle also wants to be almost flat very shallow alllowance also before it stops cutting. End result mild but super deadly hair assassin. BBS finish was achieved.

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, BigD and 7 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you. It was a very enjoyable shave.

Thank you.

Nice gear and picture. That reminds me, I need to break out my I2 HydroMagic soon.

brit and Droo78 like this.
  8. GAW9576

Great picture. How did you like the Type L?
    I love the look of them but haven't run across one in the wild which is were I prefer to acquire razors.

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

thank you.i liked the shave,very smooth and efficient.however i do prefer the shorter handle like the e types as it works with my shave technique.this would change of course if i only had long handled razors.the same could be said if i tried a long handled gillette like a knack/slim twist..

Ijustmissedthe50s, GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 10th August

Omega 11126 boar
    Blues Shaving soap
    ES Claymore V1 - Ikon handle
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Just running through a few little used soaps in this rotation. Today came to the same conclusion , another really good soap which if it were of a larger size would be used more. Nice slick lather made the Shave with the hefty Claymore not a problem, a more than acceptable finish acquired with ease.Wish they had brought the S/S Version to the Market Place.

IMG_0948.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  11. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 10th August
    Ever Ready 1914
    GEM SSC #4

[​IMG]

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos200810.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #395 2-band Badger
    3D TNNSER
    GEM/Star Duridium SE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Tea Tree Body Bar Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #395 2-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D TNNSER razor with a GEM/Star Duridium SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

The Duridium blade is not made for shaving. It was tuggy, but I did get a good close shave.

[​IMG]

13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

How were the blades, Jim?

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  14. GAW9576

That's interesting. I prefer longer handles but still enjoy my G,E, and I.

brit and Droo78 like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I really like that color of that TNNSER, Duridium blades never heard or seen them before. Thanks for sharing Jim.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020, Good morning to all this Sunny refreshing day.

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf, Peerless model,17 nib safety bar - Mfg 1945, excellent mid range razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade,Very sharp & smooths out over its life span.
    Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- One of my favorite scents[​IMG] & has good lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black synthetic whiskers- Close to a natural boar with soft tips IMO.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf.
    MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020.jpg
    Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Electrif, BigD, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  17. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I've seen old advertisements for Duridium SE blades. Are those current production, or vintage? Thanks!

GAW9576, Ijustmissedthe50s and Droo78 like this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavander
    Gillette Sensitive Skin After Shave Gel

Untitled.jpg

Ron R, Electrif, BigD and 8 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Duridium blades are bad. I was able to get through the shave, but it was tuggy. I ended with a good shave, but I had to work at it. The blade was done before I started. No more Duridium for shaves for me. Here is the whole story.

Ron R, Electrif, BigD and 4 others like this.
  20. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

:Animatedfrozensmily:
    8/10/20
    SOTD
    Menthol Monday
    Razor: 1910 Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
    Blade: Vintage Gem Duridium honed myself
    Brush: 200-2 Rubberset with Two Band Badger
    Soap: WSP Limited Edition Cooling Barbershop with Menthol
    Astringent: Osma Alum block
    Aftershave Splash: WSP Limited Edition Cooling Barbershop with Menthol
    3 pass shave with the vintage Gem blade than one pass clean up with new Gem blade and I'm BBS+. Very close smooth comfortable shave with zero irritation and no weepers. Absolutely no sting when applying the Alum. This little razor amazes me every time I use it. Still need to work on honing these blades a little better but what a great shave from a 100+ year old razor and a vintage blade just amazing.
    :bounce015::git:

20200810_173624.jpg 20200726_040538.jpg

Ron R, 120inna55, Electrif and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.