The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I think 3D razors can be good an inexpensive alternative to the expensive razors now. You will be able to get a great quality shave. It won’t be as nice looking as metal.

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You can get a metal look with a plastic that is mixed with metal particulate. They do have filaments already mixed to different ratios of metal to plastic in bronze and stainless steel for example. The plastics they use which I think is standard PLA are also supposed to be denser and have more weight to them.

The only drawback as I read up on this is they chew up nozzles quickly but that wouldn't be an issue for you since you should be able turn out a crapload of replacement nozzles for your printer when not if you finally get one.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

And replacement nozzles are fairly inexpensive.

GAW9576 likes this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I looked into having the TNNSER 3D printed in Brass Mix filament. They said it could definitely be done but let me know that it would be more brittle than a regular 3D prin. The metal actually takes away from structural integrity at this point. Still pretty cool and if it wasn't so expensive I would have gone ahead with it.

twhite likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Edison Carter, twhite and GAW9576 like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Tom White Tuesday. Playing with exposure in the TBT, Kai blade and one shim, can definitely feel the difference. Not sure the additional exposure is for the better, now had to be careful at that tricky spot at the back of my head. I'll lose the shim tomorrow.

I used the Wabbit for a second pass, Chick blade and it was easy to use, reasonably effective. It feels too disposable cart like for my taste. I packed up my scale but the difference in weight between the Wabbit and my Enders, the only injector razor not packed up, is quite substantial. After the pass I took out both the Leaf and the Enders and both were picking up residual stubble I missed with the Wabbit. [​IMG]

PS I love the Wabbit design with the magnets!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Karl G, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I'm still waiting. The last time it was scanned was on the 11th. It was scheduled to arrive on the 14th, but it did not.:signs131:
    scanwabbit.jpg

GAW9576 likes this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Aaaaarrgggh.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

GAW9576 and Jayaruh like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Indeed. Looks like it has landed in Greenville, SC, about 50 miles away. Perhaps it will land here tomorrow afternoon.

Droo78, twhite, GAW9576 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    GAW9576, Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Shipping has been very slow for most things I sent out and received.

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Well this Priority Mail seems to have its priorities mixed up. It was in Greenville at 4:23 AM yesterday, in Hendersonville at 9:03 Pm yesterday, and last seen in Greenville at 12:51 AM today. They have not suggested an estimated delivery date since the last one (Saturday) was not met. This Waskley Wabbit seems to be running here and there.

Droo78 and twhite like this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

maybe he discovered Elmer was on his tail :eek:

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Could be...
    [​IMG]

Droo78 and richgem like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes I have found the exact same thing these past 6 months. 2 of my items have been lost for 3 months now.

Disclaimer: This following statement is in no way meant to be political. But what are the people thinking that mass mail in voting will work.

I cannot get a few razors sent to the same state I live in. How are they going to handle my vote.

Just saying.

Droo78, Jim99, GAW9576 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Spot on!

Just in the last three months, my sister’s birthday card to me never arrived, and a razor I sent out went missing somewhere in Utah. If they can’t handle birthday cards, then they can’t handle something significantly more important.

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep. Not trusting the mail for voting.:rolleyes005:
    On the upside, I used Tom's original TNNSER today, and it looks like I will be using it again tomorrow. In fact, until the Wabbit makes its way to my mailbox, I will continue to use the original TNNSER. It is a fine razor.

Jim99, Droo78 and GAW9576 like this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is about rigging elections is why. The scam is very simple since it is next to impossible to clean voter rolls of dead people, people who moved out of state, etc., the political parties have access to that info so it makes it easier to fill out dummy forms for ballots they know will never get delivered then either mail them back or drop them off directly depending who's back pocket the vote counter(s) are in. They can also get infants and underage children on the rolls this way also by using the household information and try to slide those votes past which they couldn't do before. You don't need to bus in the illegals with fake id's or even need illegals or surrogates t0 go in and sign the voter rolls and vote. Less chance to get caught directly.

It is a total sham and besides we already have mail in voting it is called the absentee ballot. It is even worse for primaries now, no outside candidate or non favored candidate will ever be able to win a primary since the policital party will control the rigging outright by having a competitive advantage over an candidate without the access to the voter rolls to forge their own votes.

My take is if voting changed anything it would be made illegal and anyone who wants to be in charge is reason enough to not vote for them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The Wabbit has awived. Testing to begin in the morning.
    [​IMG]

Edison Carter, GAW9576, Jim99 and 2 others like this.