Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

8/23/20
    SOTD
    Razor: Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
    Blade: NOS Gem stropping blade (1)
    Brush: Rubberset 200-2 two band Badger knot
    Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum
    Astringent: Osma Alum block
    Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
    I just had the most amazing shave I've ever had using a safety razor. The WSP Formula T Bay Rum soap preformed flawlessly as usual but the star of the show was the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher with the NOS Gem stropping blade. It gave an amazing performance. The six days of stubble was removed effortlessly. I'm BBS clean and refreshed. It's hard to believe that a 100+ year old razor and a blade the I have no idea how old it is can give me a shave like this but the crap they sell today just dont cut it.. That's technology for ya. Old School Wet Shaving it's the only way to go.
    20200823_141928.jpg 20200823_114647.jpg

Billyfergie, GAW9576, Karl G and 12 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

absolutely fabulous..

GAW9576, 120inna55 and BigD like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

cool Ltype shave and pic Ron,happy sunday..

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  4. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 24th August
    Canadian Schick E3
    Schick Proline B #6

[​IMG]

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    3D Printed Brush
    Russian ShaDE
    Gillette Silver Blue Half Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream face-lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Russian ShaDE razor with a Gillette Silver Blue Half Blade blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 24th August.

RR 400. SE - Plissoft noir
    De Vergulde hand
    Occams -Oren/Plate3
    Feather Proguard [ 3 ]
    GB Grey Flannel

Got rather tied up this morning, some shopping and a queue at the Post Office. I do not really like missing my daily Shave so settled for a quick one. This Little Razor never ceases to amaze, it is a delight to wield and the quality of finish just so good.

IMG_0980.jpg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, Aug 24th 2020, Good morning to all!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model(17 nip safety bar instead of the 11 nip standard) -Mfg 1945- excellent mid range SE razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade as in sharpness, longevity, smoothness as it gets used + Cost per shave.
    Soap: Proraso green- I like to use this soap in summer and when need a change, Eucalyptus & menthol scented....
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic"Sagrada Familia" excellent for creating lather + those soft tips for painting.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Alum indicated not much stinging!
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Peerless Clog Pruf.

MMMonday , Aug 24th 2020.jpg

Have some Great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

9. brit

brit in a box

fine menthol monday shave Ron..

10. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Two razors today, this is the SE part, my first gold Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead.
    EC4148F6-464B-4592-8447-99F841232A05.jpeg

11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

A friend of mine moved and found her Dad’s old razor when she was packing. She knew of my addiction and joined the ranks of much appreciated enablers and gifted it to me. It’s a wonderful Valet VC3. I’d never used one and always thought they looked a little funky. After some research to find current blades that fit I got it ready and gave it a whirl. Wow, this is a fantastic razor. Super close, super smooth, and super easy. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Barrister’s Reserve Waves Shaving Soap
    Valet VC3
    Feather FHS-10 (1)
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

A9E10A07-D934-4C5F-BB02-629C8C1EB4EF.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Congrats Karl. I discovered the joy of Valet Auto?Strops a few months ago and have acquired a few. Consider yourself lucky that your VC3 will take the new feather blades. Not all VC3s will.

Tanuki, GAW9576, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:thanks:

Billyfergie and GAW9576 like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, I forgot it was a tradition for some, looks like I joined some folks today at least.

15. brit

brit in a box

i follow along sometimes..its fun..:)

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    3D Printed Brush
    Purple Wabbit
    Personna injector
    CWR
    Pinaud Vegetal AS

The Purple Wabbit has beefier holes than its older brother. The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Purple Wabbit razor with a Personna injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... All in all, an excellent shave.

17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Shave

Schick E2
    Personna Blade
    Omega 11126 Boar
    Tabac Shaving Soap Stick
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Tabac Aftershave

SOTD 08.25.2020.jpg

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018>Excellent mid range & very nice with a Kai SS blade combination just to make it what I always wanted from this razor & that is a 2 pass with pickups BBS. Very happy with this combination of razor & blade.
    Blade: KAI SS (11)- Excellent blade(still testing longevity), .009 thousand of a inch wider for>blade exposure,
    excellent longevity, sharp & smooth, worth the extra money to have a few tucks to give your mild razors a boost if you want that extra blade feel.
    Soap: Tabac- Just a excellent soap with great lather qualities- Scent is OK for myself?Rarely get weepers from Tabac!
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- excellent lather maker with nice soft tips for painting lather.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + KAI SS blade combo.

DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

old-school shaver, MPF9, BigD and 9 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

awesome tabac tuesday shave Ron..:)

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.