Gillette Aristocrat repair

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Aug 24, 2020.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Got to give props to @twhite for straightening the razor out. The man is a master razor destroyer or fixer depending what mood the evil shave mastermind is in.

Before
    before.jpg

After
    after.jpg

DaltonGang, brit, cliffb599 and 2 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you like it. It was fun. Not as fun as Wonton Destruction but fun nonetheless

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I did as you suggested and took a needle file to the corners to take those rough spots out or I'd have used your after pictures.

brit and twhite like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Well it did start out as a flat piece of brass before someone destroyed it by shaping it. Creating is in essence destroying something else.

brit likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd also add that if that curvature on this Aristocrat is the same as a standard old type then it could be reused to repair all the razors @PLANofMAN destroys. Get em on both sides of the deal.

PLANofMAN, brit and twhite like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Is that what one would call an opportunist?

Get them coming and going.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yep just need one social justice wet shaver who is outraged by the WD slants to get all activist without realizing you both are controlling the scam from both sides. It is broken windows fallacy to stimulate an economy in action but getting paid to break the window at the same time.

brit and twhite like this.
  8. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

What a great razor, love those Aristocrats.

brit likes this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You get them to pay @PLANofMAN to break the razors then make money fixing them afterwards because you are the Doctor Evil of wet shaving. :D Just don't go sticking your pinky finger in your mouth now, you don't know where that finger has been.

PLANofMAN, brit and twhite like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

nice job..cool to save an aristocrat..:)