Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

August 29, 2020

OneBlade Genesis V1
    Feather FHS
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Noble Otter Barrbarr Soap and Aftershave
    Brooks Brothers 1818

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Droo78, Ron R and 12 others like this.
  2. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

Ever-Ready Saturday it's a thing now.
    8/29/20
    [​IMG]SOTD[​IMG]
    Razor: Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Blade: NOS Ever-Ready Radio-Steel (1)
    Brush: Ever-Ready 100T Dad's brush
    Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum
    Astringent: Osma Alum block
    Atrershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn
    9.5/10 great shave with a 100+ year old razor and vintage NOS blade. True Old School Wet Shaving it's the only way to go [​IMG]

I've been on a Lather Catcher kick lately. I just love using them and the audible feedback is amazing. I've been experimenting with some vintage and NOS stropping blades and have been getting some amazing shaves from them. The shave I got today was not quite as good as the one I get from my Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher but it was still better than any shave you can get using todays so called shaving equipment. I give todays Ever-Ready shave a 9,5/10. Have a great shave all.
    20200829_114516.jpg 20200828_201908.jpg

3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Nice gear an dnice photo.

brit and BigD like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Welcome @Southern Gent. If by two blades you are referring to twin injector type blades..yes. The Schick type L, M, N, & O razors were all designed to accept those and regular singe edge injector blades as well. It is not advisable to use the twin blades in most of the pre-type L model Schick injector types as the stacked blades thickness could damage those razors.

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 30th August

RR 400-SE Plissoft noir
    L`Occitane Cade soap
    ER "Streamline "
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Was rather looking forward to a Shave with my favourite Vintage SE. Not sure but I suspect that I rushed it a bit, so the overall finish was not that good, and I managed to get my first cut for a long time. This is no longer my Razor of choice for a special occasion Shave as I have discovered that a few of my AC/SE Razors are more dependable.

IMG_0988.jpg

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
  7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Meanwhile in Italy ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ischiapp

... is going on ...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ischiapp

10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 30th August
    Rocnel SE-P Open Comb
    Euromax Platinum #1

[​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    3D Printed Brush
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Vegetal

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap face-lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Vegetal. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Aug 30th 2020

Razor: Schick injector E type Canadian Variant- Mfg 1930's & 40's N.D.Codes. Excellent mid range razor, easy for any part of your face to get at!
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE(2) Very sharp blade, smooths out over time & excellent cost per shave if that matters to some.
    Soap: Nivea Sensitive skin shave cream, nice mild scent, with good protection.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic"Sagrada Familia" great brush for lather with cloud like soft tip feel. I visited the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona Spain years back, best thing I did was travel a little before these times came! Things change and not for the better it seems!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pick ups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver[​IMG] with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector E type with a Personna injector blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

13. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

old-school shaver and GAW9576 like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

cool e type shave Ron.love my canadian e2 fixed spring.patiently waiting for my G"66"to arrive..:)

15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 31st August

RR Syn.22mm
    P &B Spitfire
    ER 1924 + Claymore handle
    Gem S/S [ 4 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Was rather concerned about todays Shave after a poor one with my favourite a "Streamline". I should not have worried, the 1924 was so smooth and comfortable, and I had no problems getting a splendidly close all round finish. I did not even open up the cut sustained yesterday. IMHO the ER1924 fitted with a longer handle is an excellent Razor and very affordable.

IMG_0990.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #313
    TNNSER
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    Osage Rub

SEptember starts tomorrow, and I wanted to get a jump on it with my TNNSER. I will be using a different SE razor for each day during SEptember.

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #313 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

August 31st
    Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
    Blade: Gem PTFE (1)
    Brush: Alpha EverGoose
    Pre-shave: PAA Rabid Banana
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Black Cherry
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    Stirling Glacial Balm
    AS: Stirling Glacial Black Cherry

Menthol Monday

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18. ischiapp

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Aug 31st 2020- Goodmorning on this first frost day, seems a little early to me but it came this morning.

Razor: Gem Featherweight (1st generation)-Mfg 1950-52 (2nd gen 1953-54), excellent lower mid range IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- excellent lather qualities with a nice mild clean appealing scent.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush to create lather and those cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 small weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.

MMMonday, Aug 31st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20. brit

brit in a box

tuesday shave
    canadian eversharp hydro-magic
    schick
    custom badger
    sc. bignoli
    armani oud
    20200831_144913_edited.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.