Review: Fine's "World's Finest Safety Razor"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

pic12.jpg
    Well, gotta work on resizing the picture but just dig out your magnifying glass if needed

DISCLAIMER: this is my opinion only and I'm sure YMMV will apply for each of us.

Fine Accoutrements recently added this razor to their catalog with the title "World's Finest Safety Razor". With a moniker like that how could I refuse? I couldn't of course so one came my way. And here's what I think.

Quality: Just wonderful. It's well made, the materials appear solid and feels high quality in your hand. At 3.4 ounces, it's got good weight but not enough to make it feel heavy during use. I also really like
    safety bar which appears to be a hybrid between open and closed comb.

Grip: Give it 5 stars. During the past month I've used it there have been no instances of slippage and always
    felt secure in my hand

Balance: Another 5 stars. Never has felt head or handle heavy but always on point

Aggressiveness: Only get 3.5 here. A mild (to me) razor that requires a bit extra work to get the shave I want.
    Using a shim (1 trimmed up blade) gives me what I want.

Blade Replacement: Same as any other 3 piece razor. Not difficult at all and no problem for me

Price: Here's the killer. I feel it's way to expensive although you will get a quality product.

Bottom Line?: It's a fine razor that will serve the majority of shavers very well indeed.

Droo78 likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey Poppi! How you doing my friend!!
    If Poppi digs it!! It gets my vote "sight unseen! Poppi knows his razors!!

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Doing just fine, thanks for asking.