Gentlemen’s Nod

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Derhey, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

I tried a new vendor today, Gentlemen’s Nod, specifically the Sir Winston soap and aftershave. I will tell you with the utmost sincerity that I new favorite soap. I have tried nearly 100 soap over the past 7 or 8 years and Gentleman’s Nod now sits at the top of my favorite list. The lather I produced today was like yogurt, slick and maximum cushion. The glide of my Carbon razor (with a Feather blade to boot) through the soap left a BBS shave with zero weepers. The post shave feel was extraordinary! In addition, the aftershave was just as exceptional!! Great absorption (I hate sticky aftershaves and their formula definitely leaves no residue) and a scent that is second to none (it is a beautiful interpretation of Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet). I am hooked! Please give them a shot if you haven’t done so already.

Daryle

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I just went to their site, and there isn't a scent called Sir Winston on it for any of their products. Where are more scents sold if not on their own site? The only after shave splash I see doesn't interest me that much and at 32 bucks it would have to interest me a LOT lol. What am I missing about this stuff that would make me even remotely interested? Who else is a fan?

3. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Sir Winston and Sir Arthur are exclusively sold through Bullgoose. I have no affiliation with GN, I was just fortunate enough to meet one of the owners at their shop in Omaha the other day. I was being fair and honest in my evaluation...I loved the soap. For the quality, I felt it worth the price. Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yep, I gotcha. Your evaluation sure piqued my interest enough to look into the products, and you spoke highly and plainly enough about them for me to figure it must be good stuff. I even think the brand name is cool. I'm just not a fan of their site and wouldn't have begun to look in other places for other product offerings. But I always enjoy hearing about companies and products I've never heard of before and checking out new and different things. It's, of course, one reason why we're here, so I genuinely liked and appreciated your post.

5. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

I sincerely appreciate your kind words and hope you like it if you try it. A friend of mine Ross, who reviews a lot of soaps, was the one who pointed me in their direction. Take care. Insert a gentlemen’s nod here. ;-)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.