Schick Kona

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RandM 1, Sep 10, 2020.

1. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

Today I shaved with a Schick Kona and destroyed my blood free morning streak and I am only moderately enthused over my shave. I am thinking because the razor is light as pertaining to weight. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Which one did you use?

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-krona-de-timeline.62806/

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I don't recall ever having a problem with the Krona.

4. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

TTO, I will post a picture later.

5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Other question I forgot to ask. When you open and close the razor do the doors close evenly and are they tight or have some slop in them when tightened down?

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  6. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

[​IMG]

7. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

Tight and even.

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Okay so that rules out the razor being out of alignment which will make an otherwise mild razor much more aggressive usually due to the blade chattering when it isn't clamped down sufficiently.

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Next question on the TTO knob what style of Schick logo is it. Is it the one with the word Schick and a triangle or Schick with 2 + on either side?

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My initial shaves with a Krona I was not impressed, but after using for 30 shaves / days straight it became one of my favorite razors.

:eatdrink013:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

And you're sure the tto didnt accidentally get loosened up during the shave? I know you said tight and even but is it positive that the doors didnt get loosened up some during the shave?

12. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

Schick on the bottom.

13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They both say Schick but only 1 has the 2 + on each side of the word Schick the other has Schick and a triangle. They are different shavers the one with the 2 + on it is almost what one could call aggressive.

14. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

I consider myself pretty tough but I don’t think I can hang for 30. Used a modern razor this morning and all is well in the world this morning.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Anyways the one with the 2 + is aggressive enough if you want to call it that that it is possible to cut yourself with it. The other one(s) not so much. If they are the other one(s) and you are cutting yourself, the razor is either damaged or you are using too much pressure. If it turns out to be something else I wouldn't know. If you are pressing it hard into the face because it doesn't feel like it is cutting then don't press it so hard.

Schick DE razors Krona or non Krona which yours is are only good if you already get good results with mild razors. Trying to push them to perform beyond how they are designed won't make them shave better if you already have the technique portion down.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.