Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome Angelo,i hope you for some shipping refund $$..

Angelo85 likes this.
  2. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I got this with free shipping and a negotiated price of $45.

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

well i guess the important part is good,you are going to use it i hope?:)

Angelo85 likes this.
  4. Angelo85

You bet your sweets I’m going to use it.

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome..well so much for the box..:D

Angelo85 likes this.
  6. Angelo85

Just got a partial refund on the damaged box and I get to keep the aftershave. The seller refunded me 7 bucks.

cliffb599 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

well, that's awesome..:git:..:bounce015:..

Angelo85 likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Judging by the style and quality of my bottle, I believe it.

brit likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Craig's list has been good.

IMG_1867.JPG

Most of it is Spicy, Leather and talc. All full!

:eatdrink013:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  10. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Very cool that this thread exists! I've been using Old Spice basically since I began shaving which has been about 20 years. My dad used it, his dad used it. I just wish that one of us would have kept a few old bottles around. All I've got now is this new style bottle of AS and my soap mug I purchased online. 16000079630106100703621678314367.jpg

11. Jake Gibson

Can anyone tell me if you can still purchase the Old Spice shave soap mug refills? I would love to have a shave with the soap my mug came with originally.

cliffb599, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

awesome Jake.:cool:
    i got a full 50s bottle of old spice aftershave on ebay canada a while back.i have seen soap/mug and refills on ebay as well.they can be quite pricey..

13. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yumpin' yimminy!! Can you imagine the poor Avon lady who had to lug THAT order into your house?

Enrico likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Try looking for and buying a "Vintage Bottle" of Shulton made Old Spice. The scent is better, and is probably what your father used.
    Here is a site that will give you quick references to the Good Stuff, prior to 1993, which was when Procter and Gamble bought them out, and changed the formula. Look on the back, if it says Procter and Gamble pass on the sale.

http://www.oldspicecollectibles.com

15. Jake Gibson

Awesome thanks for the info!

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  16. NormanB616

NormanB616 New Member

Still new here, so if this information has been shared before or debunked in some way by someone who's been around much longer than me, my apologies.

I have twice purchased Old Spice on ebay from India. My understanding is that somebody in India still holds a license to produce the original Shulton formulas. The "original" smells less chemically and more natural, and the fresh lime is absolutely outstanding.

Example auction (not my auction, and not the seller I purchased from):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Spice-...sh=item3d5662901e:g:3o4AAOSwbWZaXynA&LH_BIN=1

17. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

18. Jake Gibson

myles wilson likes this.
  19. Jake Gibson

I've been using Old Spice now for 20 years give or take and I know it's been all P&G formula not Shulton but I think I still smell like my dad and grandpa did which subconsciously was probably the goal right? As a boy, that smell was man but to the older gents here I ask, is it really that different? The Shulton vs P&G? All I've got is a distant, faded memory from boyhood.

20. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Yes, it does have it's original soap, I do believe this mug and soap is one of the last soaps produced by Shuton (1990s) I have a few other mugs and original soaps with them but this one appears to have not dried out, and retained much of it's moisture.

brit, cliffb599 and Jake Gibson like this.