FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. efsk

efsk Active Member

Must have been a lot containing similar razors then. These were all separate purchases (except the Olaf Rasmussen, they came together), and the Coles came from Etsy. Arrived here in one package as I have a US shipping address that is kind enough to consolidate packages so I save on posting.

2. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I
    I just got a Razorock sloc razor delivered the other day and I havent tried it yet either... I hear the SLOC razors are good razors though.

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I must of been thinking of a different razor lot that had some similar razors in it, when I saw the bent keys(not sure what they do-Tighten & loosen head?) I thought it was a lot I was watching a while back.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

When I searched the exact razor name it said they were surgical razors so they may be different from the instutional razors where the key locked the blade in. I dont know

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    esvh, Ron R and brit like this.
  5. efsk

efsk Active Member

These razors are different from for instance the Gillette Psycho: with the Psycho, the key is the part you turn to open the head. With the Olaf Rasmussen, that is done by the handle, as with ordinary razors. In this case however, the key somehow unhinges the handle from the threading, so in locked position you can still turn the handle, it's just that nothing hapens then. So an unlocked Olaf Rasmussen can be used like any other razor.

6. efsk

efsk Active Member

That was a lot consisting of just the Olaf Rasmussen razors and a number of keys. Actually the lot Olaf Rasmussen I bought :)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  7. efsk

efsk Active Member

Yesterdays acquisition. Richwood and Golfcase are empty.
    20200519.jpeg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looks like someones collection you lucked out on. Very nice variety of razors to use over the years.

9. brit

brit in a box

cool score.looks like you have the richwood razor as well..

10. efsk

efsk Active Member

no, that's a big fellow

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Acquired in in a bigass lot, Ericsson Safety Razor (1931).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

13. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Cooper-tino[​IMG]

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Actual introduction date is 1934 and looks to only have lasted to 1935.

1934 ad
    e34ad.jpg

1935 ad
    e35ad.jpg

Attached Files:

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Two-Way is a different razor. I also didn't find ads for mine, just the 1930 patent.

17. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Last weekend I bought a Cooper Bakelite razor with the cardboard box and a Gillette Prewar fat handle Tech at the price of $15 for the 2 razors together. I found them at a thrift/junk store I go to sometimes. I texted the owner asking if he had any vintage shave items and he said yes. Heck of a score if I say so myself. 835986E1-A23B-43CF-8BB9-1A94AC9835A4.jpeg AB235E33-1E7A-4451-92EE-8FA3A947CDC6.jpeg

18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Last night I won a 1970 P2 gold plated Gillette Black Beauty along with a Kewtie ladies razor for a winning bid of $46 on eBay. 37241AA3-5471-48D3-BADE-A536B5FFA493.jpeg

19. romsitsa

romsitsa Well-Known Member

A pair of LeCoqs, sold my caged head, so will have to catch a new one... lcq-min.jpg

Jorvaljr, Herm2502, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Very nice, previous owner looked after those two beauty's. Never shaved with (LeCoq) DE, they look well built. I know a few other fellows on the forums have them and seem to enjoy them.