September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Another shave with style, Joseph! Well done, sir.

brit, Primotenore, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  2. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

If everyone wore a mask, things could be almost normal, even without social distancing. . [​IMG]
    https://media.gvwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/30123631/Exposure-Masking-Infographic_FNL-A.jpg

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SEptember 22nd
    GEM Jr w Gem PTFE (1)
    TGN Finest/Maple
    Fine L'Orange Noir SS
    Thayers
    Stirling Arkadia AS
    IMG_5550.jpg
    Loaded in a fresh blade and gave the Jr a run this morning. I keep thinking I'd move on from this razor if something sparkly caught my eye (one in, one out...) but it keeps giving me good shaves when I do pull it out. 3 easy passes this morning and I am quite smooth. Not perfect on the lower neck, and perhaps on the upper lip, but more than liveable. I always get excellent lathers from Fine pucks, and this scent is an absolute favourite. Finished with a matching dupe from Stirling to keep the focus going. Life is good.
    Have a great day all!

Droo78, Keithmax, dvdhviid and 10 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice Joe. I hope you have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent shave and photos Joseph.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Love the warm tones Jason.

brit, FaceScraper, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Bruce! I took my time to enjoy it.

8. Trigger

Nice shave Jason! I find that Fine soaps lather well, but the scent doesn't stay long.

clint64, brit, FaceScraper and 2 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Thanks Clint and the same to you.

10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Daniel.

clint64, brit, FaceScraper and 3 others like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice looking shave Daniel.

12. jtspartan

Very nice, Jim. You rolling with the Hawk throughout the week? Awesome. That brush was my first resin/wood mix and still the only one of that kind that I had no air bubbles in. Probably because there isn't a lot of resin in it. You are always very kind and don't show off the boring side...
    Very nice, Joe. I've never heard of Hub City. Is it a new product, or from a maker that isn't around any more?
    I liked that Single Ring, Daniel, and am glad you are enjoying it as well. It has exactly the same head geometry as my ball end Old Type. Kept the Ball end as it is in a little better shape (a rare, uncracked OT ball end handle) and I do like to keep old Canadian Gillettes. One interesting note on that- Gillette made no TTOs in Canada. All of the OTs, Techs, New Improveds and NEWs, etc, but nothing with doors. No idea why.
    I need to finish some samples as well...maybe a focus next month.
    You must be part of a pretty cool shaving group in Italy, Pierpaolo, as you always have a steady stream of prototype/sample soaps. Very cool.
    Yes, bad Kimchi could keep away many things- viruses and dates both come to mind. Good is really good, bad is really bad.
    A very nice shave, Joe. Yes, the Omega boar is truly a bargain in terms of price and performance. I put a Palmolive stick and Florida Water in the same category.
    A beautiful looking lather, Joseph. What is the story with the matching dish. Is that made for bar soap? Razors? to put a brush down?
    Yes.

13. jtspartan

Thank you, Clint. Maybe I should turn the lights on...:happy097:

clint64, brit, FaceScraper and 2 others like this.
  14. jtspartan

Thanks, Joe. I've heard that quite a bit about Fine pucks, but this particular one still has a strong scent, and I believe it is almost 3 years old. Got lucky, I guess.

Edison Carter, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Clint. So far so good although at times I feel like I am babysitting. Turn on your cameras, say hello in the Google Chat for attendance, stop eating while on the camera etc. I could go on. The youth of America, or should I say "Yoots", have their heads stuck so far up their *%^$&. They can not even follow simple requests.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. I just keep on plugging along. I look forward to the afternoon for my X3 Workout. I would much rather do it in the morning, but I would have to get up around 4:15.

Edison Carter, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Pierpaolo.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.
    I was thinking I would swap razors out for tomorrow's shave. I'd like to get a couple more SE's into the rotation before the month's out.
    The brush is very cool. I like the other side too but I photograph the resin side to show off your craftsmanship.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, wristwatchb, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fantastic shave Paul.

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Jim. That brush is absolutely gorgeous. May I ask who made it. I am going to have to bust out the SDM soon.

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.