Questions about Pantarei brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Angelo85, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking of investing in a Pantarei shave brush in the future and I have a few questions that I hope my fellow TSD members can answer.
    Has anyone bought a brush of theirs through their Etsy store? If so what was your experience?
    What is their customer service like?
    About how long will it take for one of their brushes to ship to my home in Philadelphia, PA after I place my order? Also what shipping service do they use (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc)?
    How heavy are their brush handles with knot attached? Will I need a special brush stand to hold it?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I know nothing of this vendor, but the art work I have seen from a Google search is impressive.

I know from experience that a Shavemac knot installed in a Rudy Vey handle are premium products and sell for similar prices.

IMHO, Shavemac knots are worth the price, and I don't foresee me buying any other knot unless it is Shavemac.

CastleShave and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've never personally bought from that vendor. However, 2 things.

They've been around for about a decade. I remember reading threads about them shortly after I joined the forums.

I've never heard anything bad about them, aside from people fretting about dropping it. They are heavier than the average shave brush.

I agree with @stingraysrock about Shavemac.

Edit: interesting...I didn't know Pantarei made their own knots. Those are bargain prices for a complete hand tied brush, imo.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    theFAT98 and Angelo85 like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Pretty to look at, but a ceramic handle is not for me.

PanChango and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

6. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Earlier this morning I bought one of their brushes with a boar knot. I figured I can always rub my alum block on my right hand (the hand I use to hold the brush) to have a better grip on the brush.

theFAT98 and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. Campion

Campion Active Member

Where do they say they make their own knots? I thought Pantarei used Zenith knots, which are hand tied, but I can't recall why I think that. Perhaps Dr Michael Polsinelli of The Gentle Shave told me, but I can't remember for sure.

theFAT98 and Enrico like this.