Aftershaves that smell like pine/cedar?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Southern Gent, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

It’s an old school alcohol splash. I really enjoy using it.

Southern Gent and Enrico like this.
  2. esvh

esvh Well-Known Member

It is an alcohol splash in a glass bottle. Scent is cedar with the cooling effect of menthol.

See https://pitralon.com/[​IMG]

Ursa, brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and 3 others like this.
  3. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

Pitralon is great stuff ingredients-wise, very nurturing for the face.
    Here in Germany, every older gentlemen uses it. My grandpa (RIP) did too - a mix of Pitralon, Palmolive shaving soap and cigarettes was what he used to smell like - what a great combination.
    I think it's safe to say it's (West-) Germany's "Volks-Aftershave" (that and Hattric).
    Since it's just around 4 bucks here, I'd never pay 16 for it though - maybe eBay has better offers.

The scent makes we wanna move to a cabin and start some wood chopping. But it really has an old man vibe over here - so I very much prefer the Axe Oud Wood & Dark Vanilla (and I like the design of the new Axe bottles).
    :eatdrink013:

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

I don't want to smell like an old man. Though, I'm well on my way to becoming one.

brit and Daywalker like this.
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have only tried the soap but Stirling Coniferous smells like pine. Strong pine. I believe they make an aftershave of the scent as well. I you're looking for pine, look no further.

6. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

I've got a sample of that on order that should be delivered today. I'm excited to try it.

brit likes this.
  7. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

I just received my samples from Stirling in today's mail.
    The Coniferous does indeed nail it for a pine scent. I really like it - it smells just like I've been cutting pine trees here in eastern North Carolina and have pine sap all over my hands.
    I also like the Scot's Pine and Gatlinburg. The Gatlinburg has kind of a warm smoky scent in it along with the pine scent. The Scot's Pine has a little bit sweeter smell to it than the Coniferous.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You just "enabled" me to have another look at Gatlinburg(I had it as part of a sample set a couple years ago, and thought it was "OK". )

9. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

It's OK. The wife liked it "OK", but sadly wasn't crazy about the Coniferous or Scot's Pine.

I took a bag of about 20 various samples over to the hot lady who lives next door to let her sniff them and tell me which ones she likes.

ghostlife likes this.
  10. esvh

esvh Well-Known Member

For pine you could also look at pino sylvestre and the goodfellas smile pino alpestre (also as a shaving soap).

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You like "Aks"?

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Did anyone mention Stirling Ozark Mountain? I saw that @Southern Gent got some Stirling samples a few weeks ago. Ozark Mountain is another candidate.

Southern Gent and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

I did get a sampler of Ozark Mountain and it does indeed smell like pine/cedar, but it made me itch for several hours afterwards as did a couple of their other scents so I put them away. I may try them again just to be sure that it's their mix and not something else in my procedures at the time.