The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Looks like this PLA is not easy.
    Maybe this way ...

GAW9576, Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Just got my Wabbit V-3 today. Nice shave and I like the new handle.
    [​IMG]

So if you want to try it. I will start from the beginning. @BBS let me know if you want to give it a whirl.

PLANofMAN, ajc347, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Tom, it looks great!

GAW9576, Karl G and twhite like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'm good. Maybe in a few years the original handle Wabbit will become a collectable and I'll be able to sell mine for upwards of thousands of dollars. :happy097:

Edison Carter, Jim99, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That looks like one of those Easter Island stone statues from that angle.

Jim99, GAW9576, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The v1 & v2 are in my possession. I'm busy for a couple of days. I'd like to run with 2 different blades and switch. Am I ok have them a few extra days? @BBS @twhite

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Take your time, the feedback is what is really important here better you do it on your schedule than rush it and potentially skewing the results and hence the feedback.

Jim99, Karl G, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

[​IMG]

9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Put me in line somewhere please for a V3 pass around.
    Thanks!!

tp

twhite, Edison Carter and GAW9576 like this.
  10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I really like the look of the V3 I still look forward to trying the V1 or V2 but would really like to be on the list for the V3.

Karl G and Edison Carter like this.
  11. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Oh my Lord! It's been a while since I checked out this thread. Now V3 has one of my favorite handles on it!! I still use my black TNNSER regularly . I don't have the best luck with injectors but would definitely be down on giving V3 a whirl when the time comes.

Josh

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

GAW9576, Karl G and Edison Carter like this.
  12. Edison Carter

Was going to use the v2 w/proline today.

Cap magnet is loose & cumbersome. Ran out of time. Try again tomorrow.

Gotta read back for other comments on this. Hint.... If it goes in upside down, it repels.

Jim99, Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I noticed that the magnet moved a bit out of its cutout, but I pushed it back in and it held for the duration. May be time for a drop of glue.

GAW9576, Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

C
    yes just make sure you re install in the correct orientation.

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Can you partially print then finish later on or do you have to print the item all at once? If you can do a partial and if the magnets will stick through the plastic then maybe if you can partial print put the magnets in and print a layer over them to keep them in place permanently as revision for the cap and handle design.

GAW9576, Edison Carter and Jim99 like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

We have tried this type of thing at my work with limited success. It is most certainly doable to some degree.

If it could be done. One could modify the files to actually print over the top of the magnet. That would totally encapsulate it.

Great thinking. Now to see if somebody has the gumption to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

As long it sticks, the files just need to be modified for starters so the magnets sit a little bit lower than flush then fill that space in. A clear adhesive as long as it can bond to the razor plastic to fill in the void would work also as long as the magnets can stick through it. It would essentially encapsulate the magnets.

18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Plumber adhesive made by loctite should do the trick. Drop on the underside then cover over should do the trick.

19. Edison Carter

Got my first chance with the Wabbit today.

I've been baselining recently with a SS Supply V2 2 dot plate w/Proline, which is my fav injector style setup.

Both razors had the cap magnets stay attached to the base magnets when the cap was removed. I found it a bit difficult to replace them. My solution was to lay a small strip of paper on the base magnet, then attach the cap magnet. They seem to position themselves well so I pressed the caps directly on quite easily and the paper is can be used as a lifter. I'd rather not be the one to do gluing, so I'll pass them on at the end of my turn with strips installed.

20201008_110425-1.jpg

I chose to start off with the V1 using a fresh Proline.

The shave finished up well. I think the Proline being a major contributor.

It appears that both of the cap post receivers on this unit have headed off to Margaritaville.

I sensed a lack in the solid blade feel that I love in metal tools. The cap situation may not be helping here.

I do like the long handle, but would also echo earlier comments about the handle to skin angle on N/S strokes on the lower neck.

20201008_105233.jpg

No current opinion on the low weight, but one does have to act accordingly.

Next up, I'll move the blade to V2.

Bill

GAW9576, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is exactly how I glued them in.

GAW9576, Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.