October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 9, 2020
    Tatara Masamune OC
    Feather
    Tatara Boar
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Dominica Grand Bay Rum After Shave

[​IMG]

Happy Friday everyone. Another fantastic shave this morning. I spent a little more time loading the MWF and as expected was rewarded with more lather. I paid attention and buffed my lower right neck catching the baby with ease. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

2. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pics Joe..:cool:

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I put Open Comb October on hold today and brought out an old friend that has been neglected and in his box for a while.

That is right guys! It is...............

FAT FUZZTECH FEATHER FRIDAY

I knew Evan @MrEE would want to see his work again and the plating is still gorgeous.

I paired Fuzzy up with an Above the Tie aluminum bamboo handle and the combo feels great in the hand. The MWF was thick and slick and the Feather took care if the grass.

If you don't know the story about Fuzzy the link below will get you up to speed.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/single-edge-gillette-tech-aka-fuzztech.63095/

I noticed that Yaqi has a single edge head similarly to the Fuzztech. I wonder where they got that idea from. We may have to send the Cartel in. :D

Y'all have a great Friday!
    20201008_192255.jpg Screenshot_20201009-071712_AliExpress.jpg

4. brit

brit in a box

20201008_121429_6.jpg
    fat friday shave
    1920s canadian nickel old type/laurel handle
    platinum
    simpson commodore
    MWF
    burberry brit

good morning gents,broke out my only old type left in the mix,traded off the others.this one is a canadian, thick cap, nickel plated,and sports a rare early Laurel handle,a british razor works that was destroyed during ww2.loaded with a platinum,fabulous MWF lather built by the commodore,fine bbs in 2+ smooth passes.i took more time with it as i use old types the least.definitely efficient.this one shaved the nicest out of the 3 i originally had.it was also found in this configuration in the wild.it's original owner had probably had the dreaded cracked old type handle or a damaged laurel razor.either/or it has great balance and not head heavy.a cool piece in it's own right and i am glad i kept it.
    a touch of twisted thayers and burberry brit edt to finish.awesome.love the fat soap as it lathered even nicer the second day in..still near a full puck.will continue with hard soaps for a bit..have a great friday everyone..:)
    unnamed.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome fat friday shave Clint..:cool:

jgreenepa, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

awesome fuzztech shave and pic Danny..:cool:

7. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thank you, Danny!
    Thanks, Clint!
    Thank you, Joe! I usually don't, but now i felt like listening to something. With a straight razor or a shavette i would absolutely not listen to any kind of music.
    Thanks, Gary!
    He is a great musician. And the dude is actually really funny. skip to 6:50 for Ricks speech. I think he does stand-up in the UK.
    I love Yes, especially the stuff made before 90125. Seen Jon Anderson live once.

Hope you enjoyed it!
    Thanks, Blair! I usually skip the music, as i might not be able to concentrate on shaving. I start thinking of techniques and other stuff and just how the music sounds, i think the musical background i got doesn't help there. But sometimes i still enjoy it.

BT-speakers can be great! I have a JBL flip 3, which is good enough for me.

Keithmax, jgreenepa, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  8. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Very nice shaves, everyone.
    IMG_20201009_161230_305.jpg Even though there is CTAPT and other stuff in the picture, i'm still sticking with the focus. I used the NSC Menthol&Pine soap, Lord Platinum blades and Hega AS.

I felt like listening to some music again, even though i got a nick yesterday.

Todays shave was good, no issues and i didn't even reopen the nick.

Have a great day all!

Keithmax, JACarbone, b1hart and 8 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober 9th
    Razor: Blackland Tradere OC
    Blade: Voskhod (2)
    Brush: MrEE Monster
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: B&M Beaudelaire
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Star Jelly
    AS: B&M Beaudelaire

Fougere Friday

Good morning!

Awesome shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Nearly silent alum.

My favorite fougere whipped into a wonderful lather by the Monster! Just a wonderful start to the weekend.

Happy Friday my friends!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Good morning....another PT session this morning, so the review might be less than normal, but I'll get it in. Another real good shave this morning, with the same arsenal(save for the brush)as yesterday. 0:30 for the loading of the soap onto the Maggard brush. As I neared the end of the first pass, I realized how muvh I'd need that second, as some astroturf was still hanging around on the right cheek area. Also, the west coast of Porcupine Alley North has always been such a challenge to get without a do-overEast Coast too, I suppose, but tougher on the left. Sometimes(as today) I borrow soap from other areas to kill off that coast. 2nd pass, I got the cheek-side astroturf, so that was good. Near the end of the shave, I felt a speedbump down at South Central Cactus Nation but interestingly nothing came of it. Maybe I had enough soap down there to block any further damage. Another Top Of The World Excellent.

Keithmax, JACarbone, b1hart and 11 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

my favorite Yes album was Yessongs,their live 3 album set from 1973..:)

12. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Paul..good morning..:cool:

jgreenepa, Trigger, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  13. Hembree

Awesomeness Joe!

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jim,good morning..:cool:

15. Hembree

Beautiful shave Clint! Everything just comes together in the picture. Have a great weekend.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Gary...how are you? I'm off to PT(balance, gait). Two sessions in three days! I think the rest of the schedule is better spread out, but we'll seee.

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Gary!
    Good morning..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18. Hembree

Awesome shave, write up and pictures. Thanks for the history.....very interesting.

19. Hembree

Thanks Gary

20. Hembree

Awesome Daniel!

jgreenepa, Trigger, clint64 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.