Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Greg..:cool:.cool brush..

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you. A friend made this one. I have made quite a few myself too.

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, Oct 10th,2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 parade-Mfg 1943,mid range. One of my favorites with the baton handle,easy to manipulate.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8)- excellent blade, very sharp with excellent longevity.
    Soap: TOBS sandal wood- nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm- Excellent brush to create lather with cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area after cleaned.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 parade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A Vintage Williams shave stick is always a good choice with the MM ( no need for OC. All MicroMatics are OC) The Stetson made a nice finish.

F1C0B756-54F3-44D8-A6A4-4EBB4D936D31.jpeg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday+OCtober12th, 2020

Razor: Micromatic open comb- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range razor, well engineered 1st Twist to open(TTO) in N.A.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade in longevity, very sharp & smooth & very cost effective per shave.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of my favorites for scent and lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi timberwolf whiskers 24mm syn, excellent for creating lather & cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Micro-matic OC.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

6. GAW9576

I'm on vacation for a bit. I brought the bumpless MMOC a synthetic brush and Cremo cooling with me, but haven't taken pictures the last 2 shaves.

Ron R likes this.
  7. GAW9576

I was under the impression that the Clog-Pruf and Flying wing were also Micromatics.

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes of course.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Dirtfarmer, jimjo1031, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, OCtober19th,2020

Razor:Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, Excellent milder mid range, good daily driver. They got it right 108 yrs ago IMO.
    Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Still manufacturing, Remnants of A.S.R. Corp umbrella of different shaving Companies.
    Soap: Tabac- excellent lather qualities with a clean mild flowery scent.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft 24mm- closest brush Imation of my Omega boar brush. Good brush for a scrub.
    Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 Damaskeene O.C with a Gem teflon coated blade!
    [​IMG]

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready 1912 (England) Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Boar Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Barbasol Brisk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

11. GAW9576

Beautiful razor Ron. One I hope to acquire some day.

Nice gear. Love that brush. I have an
    ( England ) 1912 unfortunately the blade doesn't seat right. I hear they are a bit more efficient than the U.S. version. Maybe some day I'll figure out what's wrong with mine and be able to adjust it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yeah, it shaves great. I especially like that handle. Never seen one like it before.

GAW9576 likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 22nd,2020

Razor: Star bar#4 lather catcher- Mfg in Brooklyn NY 1920 by Kampfee brothers, one of the last & best lather catchers made possibly in USA. Milder mid range + excellent daily driver IMO. Part of the A.S.R family of razors!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade with great sharpness and longevity and smoothes out nicely.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather qualities with a great post shave feel. Great price & deal IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm-excellent brush for creating lather with nice soft tips. Have been using this one for years enjoyably.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pick ups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR version of Creed Adventice)aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 & Gem Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

OCtober 23rd, Fri, 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb buttonless [​IMG] -Mfg 1930-32 on this model until their double edge blade was introduced, 2nd Gen MMOC 1933-41! mid range (upper??), very nice razor with no blade overhang on all Gem razors!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers knot 24 mm- excellent lather creator with some back bone with soft cloud like tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + /atg + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC buttonless razor.
    [​IMG]

15. GAW9576

Nice shaves @Ron R. I should be joining in again soon. I was on a long vacation and shaved a few times but haven't been posting much.

Ron R likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hope the holidays went good, Yah kind of noticed you not around. Good to see you back safely.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 26th, 2020

Razor:Gem Micromatic open comb- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range. More than likely saved the company through the dirty 30's.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, nicely smooths out & predictable.
    Soap:Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent with excellent lather qualities- nice heavy glass container.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice tuxedo knot 26 mm- excellent lather creator with those cloud like soft tips & some back bone.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on clean beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC and Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

18. GAW9576

Thanks @Ron R. It was a great vacation. Lots of driving though. Over 40 hrs total on the road the first week.

I had a great shave with this OC Kampfe Bros. Star.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday,Nov2nd, 2020

Razor:Gem Featherweight 1st generation-Mfg 1950-52,2nd gen 1952-54, excellent razor and easy to shave with, milder mid range.
    Blade: Gem Personna (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, good longevity and predictable.
    Soap: Hasslinger Schafmilch- Excellent soap, mild fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers synthetic 26 mm, excellent brush for creating lather, great handle and soft cloud like tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver [​IMG] with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st gen with a Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

The nice thing about driving a lot is seeing what is around us and seeing how other folks make a living when we vacationed and did those marathon drives. Never regretted those times 98% of the time.

GAW9576 likes this.