Polish Shave Creams WARS or LIDER

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by TheFiveO, Apr 23, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I used WARS (classic scent) today for the first time in ages. I probably used too much product, but, what wonderful stuff! Loads of cushy, protective lather and a great shave! The scent (which I rememberd wrongly) is very similar to Arko stick, but not as powerful and WARS has just a hint of cologne/musk added in.

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  2. richgem

I've been using Lider Active for the last couple days. The scent is similar to WARS, but minus the Arko-ness. So, more of a cologne/musky scent. It's a solid performer and a good lather too. All three are keepers, but of the three, WARS is my overall favorite. :D

3. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

What about BOND? I love the green one! I can't stand the scent of Wars but love both Lider flavors. I would love to have Lider Active AS. Mmmm

crackstar likes this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried Bond Spacequest which was pretty good. One Polish cream which I also tried, but hated was Kanion Classic. A lousy scent and no skincare although the lather is good.

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  5. richgem

I haven't heard of Bond. Hmmmm... may have to look into that.

6. Weeper Warrior

I bought mine from open_razor on eBay. I think it was $16 bucks for three different bond creams. All quite good creams.

richgem likes this.
  7. richgem

Thx. Maybe next time I get the itch for some new product.

8. Weeper Warrior

The Bond I really liked was the Fresh with aloe. Anything with aloe works great for me. Never heard of Kanion.

9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I'd forgotten about Wars and Lider. It's been years since I've seen them mentioned.

ischiapp likes this.
  11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I haven't tried Lider yet. But I do have a Wars cream and aftershave right now. Great stuff. Another fine Polish contender is Brutal classic. Cream and aftershave are both on the short list of products that I've managed to finish.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am hoarding two tubes of Wars, good stuff. I don't know if it is still available though.

Also, holy necropost Batman!

richgem likes this.
  13. richgem

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

15. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I've few shaving creams with VERY NICE color.
    This Lider is emerald green, similar to Pharmagis Mem Olive.
    [​IMG]

And It's part of my goal.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/posts/1810496/

16. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I'm half Polish on my dad's side, and after reading your original post I had to look it up on the bay. You can find the shave creams here, and at $26 USD and some change for the lot, it's a real bargain. I advise against passing it up. Don't be alarmed by the Polish monetary price. The exchange rate to USD places the lot at under $11, $12-something for S/H, bringing the total with tax to under $27 for no fewer than four tubes of Polish-brand shave creams.

17. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I miss Lider Active :(

The Greek Shaver and Michael_W like this.
  18. Both creams are good, but I much prefer Lider classic. It has a delightful scent!!

19. MEM olive from Israel is very good stuff!! Lovely scent and performance!!

Yehuda D and ischiapp like this.
  20. I have a few polish shaving creams, aftershaves and colognes. They are all great stuff.

Yehuda D and Silvestris like this.