October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I've looked for that soap and splash before, but it is always out of stock. From the description, it sounds like something I would like.

jluc, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I saw that recently, however I've never smelled Knize Ten and I'm not sure how I'd like the scent. What are your thoughts on it?

jluc, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

There is that Anbbas boar again, Barry. A quality looking knot. I found Anbbas badgers easily enough over here, but not the boars. Easy enough to bring in from overseas, though.

jluc, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. jtspartan

Love the background shot as always. What do you think of the Tallow and Steel lather, Pierpaolo?

jluc, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thanks Gary.

jluc, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

Beautiful colours, Gary. The Goodwill with the NEW baseplate is an excellent shaver. I like the looks of the ones with the OT style baseplate and the ‘thru tenon’ top caps as well, but have never tried one.

7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thanks, Jason.
    I love T&S lather.
    Not the fragrances, mostly too dark for my tastes.
    Mixing with the MT oil, I can stand it.

Keithmax, jluc, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. jtspartan

IB is Canadian, Paul. Free shipping over $60, I believe.

9. jtspartan

Very nice, Joe. I have that same brush from Evan without the colour. A very comfortable brush in the hand for sure.

Keithmax, Trigger, jluc and 4 others like this.
  10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy the day with your Mom. You're spot on correct about the weather today too, Clint! I'm sure I have seen it before in your posts, but that razor handle is superb. Excellent all around!

wristwatchb, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Do you strop the Feather blade with an original strop for the razor? I have a few but I have not tried using them. Nice shave, Jeff!

Keithmax, Trigger, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have ever smelled either frankincense or myrrh. Do they have an incense-like quality to them? Nice shave, Joe!

13. jtspartan

Beautiful original Boars everywhere on here this morning! Sounds like a great day there, Clint. The exact opposite here- golf last weekend, freak slush storm today.

14. jtspartan

Everything looks and sounds great, Jeff. Wouldn’t the jury be back in with a decision on the razor? Wouldn’t still out mean they hadn’t made up their minds?

Trigger, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  15. jtspartan

Thank you, Gentlemen. Tough day to do chores outside. Winter came early to the Rocky Mountains today. It won’t last, though. Average temp here is supposed to be 12C (54F) for the middle of October. Right on freezing outside.

16. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday's Shave
    #OCtober

AutoStrop B1
    GEM S/S PTFE (2)
    CSB Faux Horn Badger
    Razorock 'Son of Zeus' Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Razorock 'Son of Zeus' Aftershave

2 passes with the AutoStrop B1 provided a comfortable and efficient shave this morning with no irritation and only one small spot of claret on the chin that disappeared after the second pass.
    This RR Son of Zeus set hits above it's price point (especially when on sale) for both scent and performance. That is also true for the other sets I have from RazoRock and I will consider them all as repurchases down the road.

SOTD 10.18.2020.jpg

Keithmax, Terry, Primotenore and 10 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That looks delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger, jluc, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Jason.... Living on the northeast coast of the UK, our weather is very unpredictable. We have lazy winds, 'they don't go round you, they go straight through you! With a North Sea biting chill!' Us northeast folk are made of strong stuff. ;)

19. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Yes, Andrew! I use the strop which used to come with the razor. It's honestly not very effective on the SS Feathers, but truly extends the life on the Carbon Steel blades, which is what the razor was designed for.

20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, I was hoping someone would catch that. The shave is great with my Jasper finisher, but I'm also going to try finishing it on some other stones, in my son, Ben's rock garden. So there is not a definitive result yet! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.