The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

The round end-magnets are even easier. as the tabs are not in the way.
    Glue one in, put the second magnet on top, put a drop of glue in the opposite hole, put over the magnet and pull off.

ischiapp, GAW9576, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Day 2 on Proline, Day 1 on Wabbit V2.

The V2 cap seems to protrude more than the V1. I may have read that someone took off some material (?).

Regarding angles, here is a comparative shot of Wabbit, Supply and Schick I1.

20201009_124018-1.jpg

I find the tool to deliver a good result safely. I normally like to go with the lowest blade angle. The Wabbit may be more limited on the low end by mfg limits.

I do like the low weight and long handle, so I could use my fingers on the tool end to compensate for the low handle to skin angle.

I have some of the original Supply blades presumably made by the Personna folks. I never liked them, but will go with one tomorrow. Maybe the higher angle of attack will play differently.

Droo78, ischiapp, Paul Turner and 4 others like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are absolutely correct on the angle of attack. That is why this design languished for 3 or 4 years with me. I was not going to pursue this design for lack of holding the cap. Then when @PLANofMAN suggested magnets for another razor. It dawned on me to try them on this concept.

Also 3D printing played a huge roll. As I had the design. It would be no skin off my back to print a few up. Just to see what happened.

In the future I might try a new cap design. I think I am at the limit as to how dainty the cap can be without having it fail.

Karl G, GAW9576, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  4. Edison Carter

I like the idea of the round end magnets. It appears lifting the edges against the center may have a bowed effect starting on the cap.

*all.... finishing up my turn I owe a couple of reports yet.

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have nothing in common with the survey, but Yes appears to be walking away with it.

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  6. Edison Carter

My final shaves....
    Sorry guys, no photos, been busy.

Loaded up an original Supply blade presumably from Personna.

I know some folks like these blades. I hate them. Makes me wonder if I got a bad batch.

It was so bad, I couldn't even complete one pass. Tried to change back to the Proline but the magnet came out. Since I didn't want to fool around with a wet Wabbit, I put the Supply blade in the Supply razor. Yup, they are crummy (personal opinion). Changed to the used Proline for a great finish.

Final shave...... Just like every other one with a Proline. Tool is a little steeper than I like on the angle of approach, but yields fine results with a light touch using great steel.

The Wabbit is in transit.

Thanks to @twhite, @BBS, and all those who preceeding me in the pass around.

Take care gang!

GAW9576, Karl G, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  7. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Received the razors last night. Shaved with the purple (sorry for my confusion, is this the v1 ? ) one this morning. I struggled with the top magnet quite a bit, it didn't want to seat correctly all the way in its slot. Finally got it to go in, and then the shave went great. The angle took a little getting used to, but then it went swimmingly! Looking forward to comparing it to the black one (v2 ? ) tomorrow. Here it is with my Old Spice mug and my rare Oscar 11 brush (one of my favorites) with the Super Badger knot. Used the Siliski Midnight at the Oasis shave soap, love the performance and scent of that soap. Thanks, guys!
    [​IMG]

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Purple one is the V2. V2 the cap was changed to give more clearance to remove it using your fingernails on the sides.

9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thanks to @twhite I've two TNNIBR / Wabbit.
    V2 and V3, in black PLA ABS 3D printed.
    Similar, but different heads.
    [​IMG]

V2 has a less pronounced guard protection.
    Thanks to the lower weight, and the longer handle, it is more manageable.
    And a little more blade feel makes it more intuitive.
    The preset angle also helps.

V3 is more efficient.
    Equal effectiveness, but a little more comfort.
    Excellent ergonomics of the handle, which however does not help ease.
    In fact, the different angle, and the shorter length, make the control less immediate.
    Nothing difficult, but it certainly requires a period of practice.

For me, the ideal would be a hybrid between the two heads.
    Of the V2, the longer pins, the wider slots, and the tilt.
    Of the V3, the greater protection of the bar and the central reinforcement structure.

The handle I prefer the simplicity of the V2.
    I find it more in line with the essentiality of the head.

Unfortunately the thin head does not help the management of the blade.
    At first I was definitely afraid of cutting myself.
    One of the reasons I sold the Blackland Vector.
    I certainly don't find it comfortable.
    Not the cleaning, much less the blade change.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Both of those are actually ABS plastic. They were made where I work.

11. cpool222

I tried the black Wabbit today. I did have trouble with the magnet again, took me awhile to get it settled into its slot. Once I started the shave, however, I actually liked it better than the v1 because I felt that it was easier to find and keep the angle correct. Gave a wonderful smooth, close shave.
    [​IMG]

12. ischiapp

I love the lines of the Wabbit V2.
    Specially with bright colors.

[​IMG]
    Credits @Electrif

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and Jayaruh like this.
  13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

There multiplying quickly. Wabbit was a fitting name.

Edison Carter likes this.
  14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Nice Wabbit collage Pierpaolo. But the razor credit must go to designer Tom.

P.S Not forgetting Andreas for his practical involvement.

P.P.S Not forgetting my son for printing the blue one.

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wabbit Season starts Monday.

16. ischiapp

Thank you.
    About credits, use the tag. ;)

twhite and GAW9576 like this.
  17. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Like this?
    Credits to @Pierpaolo @Arthur @Andreas @DesignerTom @MySon
    :p

18. ischiapp

@sɐǝɹpu∀
    There's actually a user Tom.
    :happy102:

Edison Carter, twhite and GAW9576 like this.
  19. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

:rofl:

20. cpool222

I'm ready to send the Wabbits on their way. I've sent a message just now to GAW9576 as it looks to me that he's next on the list. I've really enjoyed using them. As I've said, the black one worked out best for me, but I know that YMMV . What's the word on how we'll be able to order one of our very own? Thanks so much for the generosity of everyone involved in this endeavor.
    Cleave

Edison Carter likes this.