The Haul: October 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Boojum1, Sep 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome Jim..them's got to be special cigars to have their own luggage..;)..cool score

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks Gary.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Picked up a couple of used mostly full aftershaves at a sale today.
    Skin Bracer left hand and 4711 granny juice. Both 5 bucks each.
    I've already got both but I couldn't pass up the price so these will probably end up being PIF items.

IMG_3192.jpg

4. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

THIS is a new standard for SHD.

5. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

6. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

That holy black kit is amazing.

Smooth Steve likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mille grazie, signore. Questo pennello ha più di 50 anni! È vero.

Hembree, ischiapp and jtspartan like this.
  8. jimjo1031

Some Birthday gifts from my GF. Even though it's not until tomorrow, she wanted me to pick something to use then..................

IMG_20201030_155921_0.jpg

9. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Nice Haul & Happy Birthday.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. jimjo1031

Thanks Cliff.

11. brit

brit in a box

awesome haul Jim.happy birthday..:cool::greet002::eatdrink023::eatdrink047::bounce017:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

Thanks Gary.

Enrico and brit like this.
  13. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I just received one of Razor Emporiums $50.00 mystery boxes. Got some pretty cool stuff. Some Proraso shave cream, Omega shave brush, some DE blades, small stainless bowl, other shaving accessories, and the best, for me anyway to add to my collection, was a Schick "Paul Revere" style razor. All-in-all a pretty good little box.

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Happy Birthday, Jim!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Latest machine score. Will be used for razoring going to pickup in a few hours. It is an early 1940’s Montgomery Wards lathe. Made by Logan lathes. It is a 10”x24” center to center. It has a boat load of extras.

Shop tooling coming together nicely. I am trying to get all pre 1960 machines.
    [​IMG]

16. brit

brit in a box

very cool Tom..:cool:

17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Now I have to sell my jet lathe to pay my wife back. rather Have old American Iron than the New import. Strictly nostalgia for me.

18. brit

brit in a box

when i worked as a junior machinist i used a vintage turret lathe that was used during ww2 for building artillery shells .was really cool but the bed had some wear.great for light jobs.love old machine shop stuff.:)

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: That is a sweet set up Tom ..... congrats!

:eatdrink047:

twhite likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes I have worked with lathes with 30” swing and 12 foot beds. This is just a baby for me. I am getting setup for retirement. So I have no need for a large lathe(yet) slow and steady will be my motto.

I picked it up. It was made in 1943 still has the original paint on the entire machine. Normal wear on paint on the tail stock from your hand on it all the time. The rest of the paint is in excellent condition. The gears are in excellent condition. The ways show minimal wear. I will remove the tail stock and carriage for a deep clean. Then service the head stock and stone the ways. The leather drive belt is still in very good shape. Worst case is replacing the half nuts. I think I will be able to recoup my entire investment by selling the extras that came with it. When I picked it up they gave me probably 50 or so drills with through coolant for gun drilling and some nice large Morse taper drills 3/4” to 1-1/4”.

If so I will be able to keep my other lathe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.