The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

31st October 2020.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Omega 49.
    Face & Head Lather.
    Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (1)
    Razor: Muhle R41.

Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
    Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.

Cold Water Face & head Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

(Halloween Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

(German DE razor week.)

Since i was kid, Halloween night has always been something i've looked forward to it's hard to imagine around the world this evening that parents, grandparents friends neighbours won't be having the usual mass visiting Trick-orTreating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolfs, Mother-In Laws, Zombies, Vampires, Frankensteins, Mummys & Daddys, Beatlejuices, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Kruegers,Chuckys,Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people normally have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event'.
    It's extremely hard explaining to some children about this Covid-19 pandemic madness. 'Ignorance is bliss for them'. Enough said.

I've modified the normal Trick-or Treating activities for the evening and will be leaving some spooky goodies near the front door for the usual Halloween suspects to share & enjoy.
    Back to the shave....Another eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....The R41/GWS duo performed with sheer smoothness, mowing through my face & head stubble effortlessly....what a wonderful efficient razor the R41 is now that i have vastly improved my technique & gained my shaving confidence when shaving this assertive semi-open comb Fräulein.

A very enjoyable face & head shave with no errors to report.Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face and precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the spooky Halloween weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Halloween Birthday Shave
    Gillette HD500 (England) Razor
    Blue Bird Hi-Stainless Blade
    24mm Tuxedo Halloween Birthday Brush
    English Leather Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    English Leather Cologne Splash

Untitled.jpg

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

absolutely.lovely work..:cool:

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. palmolive fox

1st November 2020.

6.jpg

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.
    Face Lather.
    Soap: Chinese Cologne Soap.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)
    Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish Mandalina-mandarin Cologne./Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I was curious to try the Indian GWS blade in a less aggressive razor paired together with the Merkur 34c was a comfortable duo, which to be honest i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with each pass.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. palmolive fox

3rd November 2020.

7.jpg

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Brush : Frank Shaving Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (1)
    Razor: Muhle R 89.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL + Nivea Men Creme.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Nivea Men shaving trio performed wonderfully yet again making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience..

The Muhle R 89 was one of the first DE razors that i instantly bonded with when i started out in traditional wet shaving and have had wonderful irritation-free shaves each time i have shaved with it today yet again was no exception.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report... Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Creme.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. palmolive fox

5th November 2020.

8.jpg

Pre:

Brush : Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)
    Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ 4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL./ Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

(Guy Fawkes night shave.)

Another early start for me this morning.....It's been a long time since i last used the WS shave stick. As always the performance from this shave stick is excellent providing enough slick protective lather for the full shave without having to re-apply it to my face.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-aggressive, yet efficient razor and like it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good irritation-free silky smooth shaves with it, today was no exception it paired up with the GWS blade wonderfully making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo...A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS: Do keep yours pets safe from harm this evening away from horrible callous illegitimates.

Yours. Barry

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Fatboy (G3) Razor
    Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red) Blade
    Mondial Boar Brush
    Love My Skin Sailor's Spice Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

Untitled.jpg

16. palmolive fox

7th November 2020.

1.jpg

Pre:

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Clubman Pinaud.
    Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (1)
    Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./P&G ~ Old Spice Bearglove A/S Spray. / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another early morning start for me.....A new shave set up to start the weekend...I will be using shaving assortments that have been kindly gifted & passed on to me for my shaves this week.
    It's been a while since i lasted used the Russian made Rapira Swedish Supersteel which i find smooth efficient enough paired together excellently with the Chinese super-speed clone.
    A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups DFS/Near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Jayaruh, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. palmolive fox

8th November 2020.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For Remembrance Sunday. (UK)

Pre:

Brush: Omega S10018.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Uber/Superlather : Arko Hydrate shaving cream + Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shave Soap.
    Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (2)
    Razor: Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL./Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

'In honour to the fallen heroes of all wars past & present'....'All politicians around the world should make it their duty to visit war memorials to be reminded what happens when politics fails'.

The Arko hydrate/VDH luxury soap duo created a superb Uber/Superlather. The VDH soap was kindly gifted to me along with some shave creams by a fellow member of TSR forum UK.

A relaxing 3 pass + pickups 'remembrance Sunday' morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Remembrance Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos201109b.JPG

jimjo1031 and brit like this.