November 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Oct 31, 2020.

?

Will you participate in NOV-ember (no shave month)?

1. Absolutely! Jeremiah Johnson here I come.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, my daily shaves are too important to my well-being.

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  3. Who is Jeremiah Johnson?

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Only if I can get some cookies as a reward.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Cookies? Did someone say cookies?

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Atlas Shrugged! I can honestly say that's the first Ayn Rand reference on here...time for me to go buy an Ascot, apparently.:)
    I see that Fine now has a Knize Ten dupe in splash form. Very interesting scent description. Is it really Leather and Diesel?

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:love055: that shave Joseph!

Primotenore, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Great shave Jason and I have enjoyed following along with the Katana.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  4. Hembree

Thanks Jeff! You may be right on the Emperor but Pennsylvania has about 1.4 million votes to count that might pull it the other way.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. jtspartan

I'm going to assume that you just messed up my name and didn't actually compare my pics to the 'close-up, colour-matching' master, Joe!:eatdrink047:

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

What no Van Gough syndrome. Excellent shave Terry.

Terry, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Don't beat yourself up.....daddy hood has some very tough moments as I am sure you know.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Shave

Rockwell 6C (plate #6)
    Gillette Platinum (2)
    Turn-N-Shave 'Potluck'
    Speick Shaving Stick
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Speick Aftershave

When I chose this setup today, I had a good idea it was going to be an enjoyable shave. Well, my prognosticating skills proved to be on point. :D
    Encouraged by seeing all the recent love shown to the Rockwell, I called up my 6C from the bench and it performed like a champ. As I think back, the only subpar shaves I have ever gotten when using this razor in the past have been due to my overshaving - which is an easy temptation for me since it is such a comfortable razor to use.
    Due in large part to all the knowledge I have learned from this 30DC, I now rarely overshave and have much more satisfactory results. Thank you gentlemen!

I decided on a 3 pass shave today, but also paid close attention to avoid re-shaving on un-lathered areas, excessive buffing or spending too much time on my lower neck. In the end, I finished with a very comfortable BBS without irritation or mishaps. The Speick is such a refreshing software set and could easily be a fine choice for a daily setup if I ever had to make that decision. The soap is so easy to lather and provides sufficient glide and protection. Both the soap and aftershave leave my skin feeling comfortable and refreshed. By the way, I believe I finally learned how to correctly pronounce Speick. Properly enunciated: Schpike.

SOTD 11.04.2020.jpg

b1hart, Keithmax, Terry and 11 others like this.
  9. Hembree

:happy096: Andrew! Excellent Rocky shave. Great picture and report as well.

10. jtspartan

Looks like that brush is developing a nice patina. I'd never turned either of those woods (redheart and yellowheart) before, to be honest. I bought the blanks years ago to make a chess set out of them. That idea got lost to the dustbin of history, until I found the box of wood this summer while cleaning up the shop area. We moved here almost 10 years ago, for pete's sake...not my finest hour.
    Some of us. There are lots of hipster beards around these parts right now, though.
    well, every day that you post that you haven't harmed yourself is a good day, Terry.
    You have a long way to go on that Astra Planeta still, Jim! The Occam's DE is a fine shaver. Interestingly, the 3 plates you sent me do result in differences. I prefer the aggressive full scallop and that mild baseplate you showed off today. I don't find the 1/2 scalloped 'middle' plate as smooth as either of the others.
    Love the greenery with the Vetiver, Clint. I suspect the Pils is a better shaver on flat parts and seems to struggle more with hard curves. Since we're both in our 50s, lets just pretend we both have hard jawlines that jut out 90 degrees from the neck and that is obviously the cause of the Pils issues...:)
    Love everything about that shave, Danny. L'Orange Noir was a gift? That is an alltimer for PIFs. Just an amazing dupe.
    Love seeing your props again, Gary. Love the Rubberset more and more everytime you show it off, too!
    You really do have an amazing brush collection, Joe. So very original. Enjoy your day working from home.
    Very nice, Joe. If you really like that Spice, I can't recommend the vintage Shulton version any higher. You will notice a depth that adds to the pleasant Stirling dupe.
    Sounds like a great start to a nice day, Jeff. Love that brush by Evan for sure.
    Awesome pics and report, Joseph. I had the Seville in that same base. B&M didn't need to change that Glissant base, it was a fine product.

Keithmax, Terry, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  11. jtspartan

Potluck is a good name for that brush, Andrew! Man, there are a lot of pours in that blank. Very skilled work.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  12. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Rex Ambasaddor wide open? You should just hold the blade in your fingers.
    Don't get me wrong I really like my Rex. 3 and below.

My Feather DX clone never arrived, I may have to bite the bullet. I hate my Parker DE Shavette, but I want to learn Straight technique, but am not likely to switch from my good DE razors.

Terry, brit, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Danny! It may see some more action soon.

14. jtspartan

Thank you, Gentlemen. My face still feels pretty smooth 6 hours later.

15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jason. It really looks like a different brush when viewed from other sides. The shape is very ergonomic for me too. I'm happy to have it in the collection.

16. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Well I started my month of dumbed down shaves.

AM shave
    Razorock BBS and Gilette Silver Blue. Lucky Tiger mixed loose and RR monster synthetic. No aftershave or balms needed.
    2 pass face shave to DFS
    1 pass head shave of 2.5 days, ATG for DFS, even BBS on the back that just grows down.

Nobody notices the difference but me, but shave time maybe 40% of normal.

b1hart, Keithmax, Terry and 9 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful collaboration of software and hardware. Both the brush and razor are stunning.

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

You were being a BadAss!

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Thanks Jason!

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

dvdhviid, Keithmax, brit and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.