Timeless Titanium .68 review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by feeltheburn, Nov 8, 2020.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've been traveling for a bit over a week and took my Timeless Ti .68 with me. My shave log says I've shaved with it 60 times now since I've had it and I think that's probably enough to give a decent review.

Overall, the fit and finish is excellent on it. Blades are always perfectly centered with no need to fiddle with them. The handle is great. It's pretty fat so much nicer for me to hold than a thin handle. It's also grippy enough that you don't ever feel like it's going to slip out of your fingers. I got the scalloped top cap but I don't think it really matters much which one you get. The razor clears the lather off your face very efficiently and I don't ever see lather tracks from the cap or safety bar left behind.

Titanium - I think it may be the perfect material for a razor. I have several stainless razors and honestly don't think it's as good a choice. They're usually so heavy that the weight of the razor presses the blade into my face too much and I have to consciously hold the razor off my face a bit. Not so with titanium. I can let the weight of the razor do the work and even though this razor is fairly efficient it doesn't give me irritation like a stainless version of the same razor probably would. Some people say this razor has a soft feel on the face. I guess that's as good a way as any to describe it.

Aggressiveness - I'd say it has just a little more blade exposure than a 34c/EJ89/R89. I get very near BBS with 2 passes and a quick touch up on my jawline. Even though it's a bit more efficient than those baseline razors I haven't felt any more irritation with the Timeless. I'm a daily shaver and rarely miss a day so the .68 seems like a good fit for me. I haven't tried the larger blade gap version but I can say I probably have no need for it. If you don't shave every day, you might want that.

Shave quality and comfort - I have pretty sensitive skin so I tend to avoid going over and over areas. I usually do 2 passes and maybe a touch up on the jaw/chin and don't worry about it too much if I didn't get a BBS. My beard grows fast so a BBS only lasts me maybe until lunchtime anyway. Shaving too close also sometimes gives me ingrowns so I'd rather avoid that. I usually look for a good close shave with an emphasis on comfort and the Timeless Ti .68 delivers that. Some razors will shave slightly closer but usually do it at the expense of comfort and sometimes cause ingrowns. I tend to gravitate toward adjustable razors that I can turn down just a little lower than most people like them. Most non-adjustables tend to be more aggressive than I like. The Timeless though, I think largely because it's made of lightweight titanium is able to hit a sweet spot for me that most non-adjustables can't. It's efficient without being harsh and it's one of my favorite razors.

brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Excellent review. Thanks.

feeltheburn likes this.