Fine Accoutrements soaps are temporarily discontinued

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Angelo85, Nov 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I just got an email from Mr. Fine’s website stating that the factory that makes their shave soaps is being shut down and recycled for scraps. They claim they’ll come back after they find a new factory for their soaps. I guess if you’re a fan of Fine soaps now is the time to stock up. D59DD9B9-378E-4FBD-BF27-48C506B06283.png

2. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

If I read Mr Fine's announcement correctly, he says that he uses the same soap base as Tabac and the soap base is now unavailable -- so I assume this means that Tabac will soon be either reformulated or discontinued.

danbuter and brit like this.
  3. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

I just stockpiled two pucks of lorange noir. Tabac is going to become unobtainum

danbuter and Angelo85 like this.
  4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I believe that Tabac is made from a different factory than Fine soaps were. So I’d hazard a guess and say Tabac is safe.

danbuter and Frijolero like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

A pleasant return ...
    [​IMG]

6. ischiapp

I see an issue.
    IMHO the point is the new formula ...
    Much more water, much less tallow.
    Waaaaaay less firm paste, and yield.
    [​IMG]

7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Castor oil?
    Yikes!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  8. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Glad I stocked up on the old formula.. I do not react well to nut oils.

danbuter likes this.
  9. Tedolph

The new formula does not look very appealing. I will await the reports.

Tedolph

10. Tedolph

This base looks suspiciously similar to A&E. Does anybody have handy access to the A&E base ingredient list?

Tedolph

11. ischiapp

It's manufacured in Italy, by TFS.
    Formula is by Barbieri Riuniti (The Goodfellas Smile).

brit, Angelo85, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yeah anytime you see ingredients like: Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, etc. These are scent components and need to be listed on products in the European market.

Am very happy with the old Triple Milled Fine soaps and actually just used Green Vetiver yesterday. Would love to hear thoughts on the new base.

Paul Turner and danbuter like this.
  13. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Well, the Fine Accoutrements line has been officially resurrected and I sent away for the American Blend scent along with its companion aftershave and balm. It's definitely a croap, but never having gotten to use the previous iteration, I can't compare the two.

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well the classic has EDTA ........ If people realized how nasty this chemical is they would want it in anything they use. In most cases it used in products that has never needed it.

:(

15. Michael_W

I looked up EDTA and you're right: It IS pretty nasty stuff! It doesn't appear to be harmful except at high doses, but still, it's not exactly something I'd want in products I use frequently.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unfortunately unless you're looking, you come in to contact with it dozens of times daily ..... going internally and externally.

17. Michael_W

Okay, so, having used the new croap (I bought the American Blend, which smells fantastic), I can say it preforms rather well. Nice and slick, letting the blade glide across my skin. I can't compare it to the previous formula never having gotten to use it, but I think it safe to say the new line is definitely going to be a repeat purchase for me.

Shaver X and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Probably why they upped it to 150 grams.

19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It is good to see an assessment of the soap based on how well it works, rather than just by reading the ingredients list. It sounds like a soap worth trying.

Michael_W and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  20. Tedolph

Can you detect the aroma of the Castor oil?

Michael_W likes this.