November 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Oct 31, 2020.

?

Will you participate in NOV-ember (no shave month)?

1. Absolutely! Jeremiah Johnson here I come.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, my daily shaves are too important to my well-being.

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  3. Who is Jeremiah Johnson?

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Only if I can get some cookies as a reward.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Cookies? Did someone say cookies?

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

It should be....it is a nice one!

clint64, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  2. Hembree

:D

clint64, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Jason! Shake Sharp cases tend to remain in decent condition for whatever reason! The same seems to go for Ronson cases.

4. jgreenepa

Thanks, Danny, besides a lot of dust, and a very funky refrigerator that’s begging for a cleaning, everything seems fine. I’m just glad my daughter remembered to grab my shave stuff!

5. jgreenepa

Thanks, Blair! It shaves quite well, although getting a decent bevel built was not trivial! It’s the original ‘wavy’ blade!

Edison Carter, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  6. Hembree

Good to hear.....keeping up with several places can be a daunting experience. Take care.

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. jgreenepa

Thanks, Andrew! I’m looking forward to a visit as soon as I'm vaccinated!

8. jgreenepa

Tell me about it! :angry021:

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! Good afternoon!

MrEE, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Shave

GEM Jr 1912
    GEM S/S PTFE (1)
    Grizzly Bay 'Crimson Tide'
    LEA Shaving Soap Stick
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    LEA Classic Aftershave

I am back in the great State of Alabama, so this is my travel setup for the next several shaves. I'll make a trip down to the Piggly Wiggly later today to see if they've added to their shaving inventory. :D

We're visiting with my Mom for Thanksgiving and also to help her prep the house for my stepdad's release from the hospital on Nov 30th hopefully. He will have 30 days of nursing home healthcare and Mom has a 2 hour training on Friday so she will have a better understanding of what to expect.

As for this morning's shave, everything worked wonderfully. The GB Crimson Tide whipped up a slick and creamy LEA face lather that the GEM Jr just breezed right through effortlessly. Two passes provided a comfortable and efficient shave with no irritation or mishaps.

SOTD 11.25.2020.jpg

11. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

The postman arrived with some goodies today.
    I wasn't sure how the Arko smell would be received by SWMBO. Thankfully she approves, so testing can commence! I love Silver Star blades so grabbed a few more! Styptic matches always come in handy and are so incredibly cheap!

12. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Outstanding shaves using famtastic gear Jeff! Oh yes, excellent post and photo, too!

MrEE, jgreenepa, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  13. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

November 25th

Razor: '25 Gillette Bostonian
    Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
    Brush: EveryReady 500BN
    SS: Stirling Frankincense and Myre
    AS: Modern Old Spice

Very close shave this morning. I may be too close, but nothing the alum couldn't fix. For some reason I wanted to use as much vintage gear as I could.

Today is day 6 of the #givethanks 7-day challenge. I can't help but remember the miracle that got my family into our first home. We'd discussed our situation and determined that buying a house would have to wait. Money was tight and there was no way we could afford it. A couple of days later, we both felt very strongly that now was the time. Nothing had changed, we still couldn't afford it, but the impression was clear, "buy a home". I'll keep it short, but a string of miracles got us a low interest rate and lowered the selling price. After we moved in, we assessed our finances and found that we were several hundred dollars short. There was no way we could afford the home we were already in. As the last of our savings disappeared, my Grandfather called. He needed to live in Utah for several months while he received medical treatment. He heard our home had an RV pad and he wondered if he could park his trailer there and stay with us. Of course, we agreed even though we wondered how long we'd be there. My Grandmother offered to watch our newborn daughter during the day, which meant we didn't have to pay for daycare. That put us almost dead even with our finances, a miracle for us and my Grandparents.

My daughter was a smiley, happy baby. One of those first children that guarantee you have a second. For months she sat in a chair across from my Grandfather and giggled, laughed, and smiled all day long. His health improved drastically and after 6 months they moved out. A few weeks before they moved, I got a raise. I wouldn't say we were financially stable, but we were self-sufficient. The bond between my daughter and my grandfather was quite strong and they visited often. Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed on 3 years later. At 4 it was unlikely my daughter would have many memories of her Great Grandfather. So, we worked with her. We told her stories and had her tell them back to us. We exercised those memories for several years. At 17 my daughter's earliest memories of her Great Grandfather. She doesn't remember him being sick, but she remembers the many visits that followed.

So, I'm thankful for promptings, guidance, and leaps of faith. If we hadn't felt so strongly to buy a home, if we hadn't acted on those impressions when we did, non of this would have happened. We are so blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PSX_20201125_092232.jpg

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Marine.

15. brit

brit in a box

awesome Lea shave and pic Andrew..:cool:

MrEE, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Truly a Gem of a shave Andrew!

MrEE, jgreenepa, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you for sharing those memories, Evan.

18. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you, Joe. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

clint64, Hembree, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

awesome bostonian shave and pic Evan.happy thanks giving..:cool:

MrEE, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Nice haul James! I have an Arko tub coming today. I have never tried it. How did you like the scent?

jgreenepa, jtspartan, clint64 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.