December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Perry. I've had several opportunities to buy both the Schick Adjustable and PAL Adjustable. It's strange that for some odd reason, I just never felt moved to get them. I think I may hold my coins and put them towards a Supply Injector sometime in the future. I rarely see a bad review for those.

jtspartan, JACarbone, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great Ever Ready shave, Dale! What is the BRW Improved Handle? Just curious? Enjoy your day!

JACarbone, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jeff!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, brit, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

You won't regret acquiring a Supply razor, Andrew! It's easily one of the best shavers in my Den.

JACarbone, clint64, brit and 5 others like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I don't own a Supply. I tried one for an extended time due to the generosity of Jared (PickledNorthern...won't let me tag him). The Supply is in a category by itself. It's much, much heavier than any other injector I have or have tried. It's closest to a Schick B as far as weight, but I think the Supply is heavier. It was a beast for me. I never tried the 3-dot plate because the 1 and 2 dots were plenty for me. My extended trial with one convinced me not to buy one.

But, as always, YMMV. There is tremendous love for the Supply razor out there, and with good reason. The engineering and design is tremendous, and it's an efficient razor. I prefer mild, I guess, and the Supply was a little much for me.

6. jgreenepa

7. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

December 2nd

Razor: 1948 British Gillette Aristocrat
    Blades: PolSilver
    Brush: Century #5
    SS & AS: MLS Pantie Dropper

For Decedent December, today, I'm going with items that aren't easily replaced. Discontinued soap and aftershave, original condition vintage brush, near mint British Aristocrat, and discontinued blades.

All in all the PolSilver blades didn't perform as well as I remembered. :) Still a very nice blade on the sharper end, but I have found plenty of blades that work just as well and are still in production. The MLS Pantie Dropper is a Drakar Noir dup, but it's a little sweeter and stronger than the other Drakar dups I have tried. We'll see how it ages.

Nice smooth decedent shave this morning for a day of meetings. :) Nice and smooth and smelling good. At least my wife is here to enjoy that last part.

PSX_20201202_084927.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  8. jgreenepa

Love your equilibrium themed images, Pierpaolo! Enjoy your day, my friend!

ischiapp, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Great Adjustable shave, Perry! I've started shave all my adjustable razors wide open! Really enjoy the blade feel. :shocked002: :rofl:

jtspartan, clint64, brit and 5 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Lovely Red Tip Shave from the Old Spice Meister! Enjoy your day, Myles!

11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I love cooking.
    I don't mind a little help on the other stuff though. :happy088:

jtspartan, JACarbone, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Incredible lather Joseph! Awesome shave with excellent and purdy gear.

clint64, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  13. jgreenepa

@Hembree, Wow it's 35 degrees here in the western Philly suburbs, but that's our norm for this time of year. Stay warm, guys! :happy069:

jtspartan, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  14. Hembree

I'll call that shave epic Jason! Have a great day.

jtspartan, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Stellar lineup and results, Joseph! I love the butterscotch handle.

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  16. jgreenepa

Great shave, Danny! Doesn't sound like a fun evening! Doing anything other than skiing or ice skating in that temp is not fun!

clint64, brit, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

dec022020.jpg
    December 2nd

Wholly Kaw SS & AS - La Fougère Parfaite
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    J3Customs 8/8 Takefu, Japanese Steel, Laminated

Promised @jtspartan a follow up on the Wholly Kaw homage to Brut. La Fougère Bouquet is a close example to the new formulation (by Idelle Labs). I have the new Idelle version, but also a vintage version made by Faberge from an estate sale (if the original bottle has the original formula, which I believe it does). There is a difference to my nose between them all...very subtle, but it's there. PAA's Et Tu is closer to the original Fabergè Brut version. The Wholly Kaw homage, La Fougère Parfaite, has awesome longevity, nice sillage, wifey always approves. This soap base is a previous version before the current Siero base. It's a harder soap, so that was the decision to use 'soap destroyer' Simpson CH2.

Awesome bowl lather, incredible face feel, slick and thick as anything in my den. Painted on the lather today, the CH2 seems to work better for me that way. Yesterday I thought this razor was lacking a little, so it did a big round of CrOx stropping this morning, followed by a light bridle leather round. Much better, 3 full passes, WTG/XTG/opposite XTG. Nice BBS- results. I may take this blade for a round on the pasted strops....probably make it near perfect again without a trip to the finishing hone. One upper lip red dot appeared, shaved off the top of a skin blemish I reckon. No bother, stopped on it's own. Finished off with entirely too much of the matching after shave splash, a very nice wake up feel.

@Hembree asked about the steel for this blade. A little research.....Takefu is a Japanese steel producer/supplier. They make all sorts of cutlery steels, their website looks like you can order pre-made blend steels, sheets, rods, blanks, custom steel content blends, lamination options, the works. Like ordering different woods/versions/sizes of lumber or plywoods, but in Japan sourced steel. I imagine Derek (J3Customs artisan/owner) is a big fan, and bought a blank sheet supply and learned the lamination (as it'd have to be laminated after being ground). He offers laminated or unlaminated options of this steel, but also 01 tool steel in his blade making. You can clearly see the lamination's effect in that it delineates the layers of steel from his grind very nicely on the front half of the blade, but also the last inch of the tang.

Hope everyone has a Great Hump Day!

18. Hembree

Excellence Evan! Beautiful gear.

clint64, jgreenepa, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Keeping the fire going!

clint64, brit, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I'd say that is decadent for sure, Jason! Outstanding lineup and photo!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    jtspartan, clint64, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.