December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

This excerpt from 'Polar Express' just sprang to mind with your comment Joe. Perfect personification of the 30DC thread sometimes......

Edison Carter, Keithmax, brit and 7 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Don't start. Come to Atlanta with all of its elevated expressways, shaded side streets, no snow plows and very bad drivers. We have made national news with our traffic jams. Think Snowmageddon 2017 when everyone left their cars on the expressway and walked home

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I'd temper basing everything on that B&B definition, Jeff. I find that the 'hard' description is far too encompassing. A true triple milled puck is miles away from a harder artisan soap (they referenced Soap Commander for example). Farther, in fact, than many harder artisan soaps are from being true croaps. A good place to start no doubt, but too broad, imho.

4. jtspartan

FOR REAL? Ok, Atlanta wins...
    Here's a funny one from years ago in Victoria (on Vancouver Island and quite a bit south of the 49th parallel & probably the mildest climate in Canada). They got a rare dump of 4 inches of snow. The City made the fantastic (sarcasm intended) decision to run the public transportation still. They hadn't, though, ever seen the need to get winter tires for the busses. Yup, some of the very hilly streets turned into bowling lanes. The busses were the balls and the vehicles were the pins...

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I was wrong it was Atlanta Snowpocalypse. Below are photos of the expressways. It took days to get the cars and trucks off the roads just so they could be treated. It was a damn mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jtspartan

:happy097:
    Thanks for trying to make me see it in a more positive light. Except, stickers are moveable/removable and anyone could have a skewed sticker if they wanted...now, if they screwed up the lettering, that could be unique.
    I'm bashing it.

7. jtspartan

Amazing. Looks like a scene from The Walking Dead or some other post-apocalyptic Sci Fi movie.

brit, jgreenepa, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Just trying to help. Once get to the point of turning good looking handles, I will buy some used CH2s that pop up at good prices.

brit, jgreenepa, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It was awful. They did not pretreat the roads, the freezing rain started to fall. All schools, governments and offices closed at the same time filling the roads. It was a nightmare. Luckily we closed our offices early that morning and went home so I did not get stuck. Snow and ice does go over well here in the south. We have a hard enough time handling rain

10. jtspartan

I got through everything. We're at 50 pages. Neal is the recordskeeper of all things 30DC, but that is about the busiest start to a month I can remember. Had to do a Shavette Fu to stand a fighting chance. Please don't tell Fuzzy. I'm going to have to stay late to get my work stuff done after making the mistake of opening the thread over lunchtime.
    I'm off to get my newly acquired Carpal Tunnel dealt with now...

2 days in a row sounds much more doable to me than 7, Joe. That would be almost Rule like! The Dickens sounds great. Is Revisited just a name, or did they reformulate it?
    A work day, I suppose, Jim. Hurry up and get that software gone by April! Awesome pic as always.
    Must be systemic, Dale. The bed here didn't want to let go either. Must be the time of year. A great sounding 1924. Your #1 GEM?
    Beautiful work, Chris! Mahogany?
    The King of Frankenrazors strikes again! Love the Focus handle, Pierpaolo.
    Very informative, Perry. Is the Parker on 5 comparable to an Injectomatic? Sounds like you will probably keep that razor?
    Very nice, Myles. I hadn't used any talc until recently, but have really enjoyed the Shulton talc too.
    I recognize the dash. I have a '14 F150.
    Yeesh, tough night. Glad it is ok now. Does your son have a home on the farm too?
    Interesting comments on the Tradere, Jeff. Looks like some opinions are all over the map on it. What a beauty, though!
    Stunning, Clint.
    Old World stuff lasts because it works. I have a few on 'the list' myself.
    Sounds like a great shave, Joseph! I see the Simpson employee who put my label on was working there in the 80s...:)
    Sounds like a nice dupe, Evan. I'll gladly throw in any blades you want in our next trade if you want to send those Polsilvers this way...:eatdrink047:
    Thank you for the excellent comparison and review, Blair. Much appreciated.
    Happy Birthday, Angelo! A toggle shave is a fine way to celebrate!
    That Belmont is such a unique razor, Gary. Congrats. I would guess the shave is the same as the 3 piece version?
    Love the brush as always, Joe. Interesting technique with it as well.
    Another winning combo, Andrew. I had no idea Personna had German made blades. Interesting.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :angry019:

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It's not my fanciest (streamline) or favorite (that is a CPMM that my dad gave me before he passed), but it is probably my best shaver when I want a long lasting close shave from a Gem blade.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason and Happy Wednesday.

brit, jgreenepa, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It was a free wallpaper download, Jeff. 'Round these parts, lookin' is still free. ;)

15. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Jason. No he does not. He still lives with mom and dad. He has figured out that that it is to his advantage but he is a big help and helps out with everything. The farm is about 26 miles from our house.

Take care of the F150. I love mine. Just had to put a water pump on it. Couple of months ago was a coolant temp sensor. You don't want to replace that sensor. Back of the RH cylinder head. Have to take the RH front tire off and the inner fender well to get to it on the 5.0 and it still ain't easy to get to. Take care.

16. Hembree

Ask some divorced men how much looking cost them. :D

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's a great idea, Danny. It would be cool to include you and/or @MrEE in the name as creators. Fatboy and Old Type are already taken, so I'm fresh outta ideas. :rofl:

Evan was considering different ideas for branding his brush handles. I bet he'll have a great idea.

Kudos to you both on a very cool project. :git:

18. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

It is bloodwood, also known as Cardinal wood.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Aren't you a pen and paper kind of guy like me?! :scared003:

I'm keen to see how you get on... Might give me inspiration/hope!

brit, jgreenepa, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  20. Hembree

Thanks Charlie! There is a gentleman behind that shenanigans generator after all. :D

brit, MrEE, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.