December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy102:

clint64, 9nein9, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

:eatdrink047:

3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I use to own a Red Tip, but ended up trading it for a 2011 Muhle R41. I think I lost out on the deal, although I do enjoy shaving with the R41 with its Weber handle. We all make mistakes, mine was unloading the Red Tip.

clint64, 9nein9, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

Ah, foolish old me! Thanks! :)

5. jgreenepa

Hey Joe, you should be an old retired guy like me by then. A card carrying member of MOLC. Maybe we can meet up at the Cincinnati show in October of 21. It's a hoot.

clint64, 9nein9, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i agree Jeff. in a hasty moment for a rare aristocrat jr i traded off my brit red tip rocket.i miss that one..they are hard to find in any shape without paying $$..was a nice shaver.:)

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Cliff.

clint64, jgreenepa, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    MWF can get airy at the drop of a hat. My suggestion would to NEVER bowl lather. Indeed, what I sometimes do is to apply the lather to my face. Then I rub the lather in with my hands...essentially removing ALL air bubbles. Then I work the lather in with my brush. Bowl-lathering and MWF do not compute.

clint64, Droo78, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Would not be able to do Oct. 21, it will be my 15th anniversary.

clint64, PLAla, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Nothing is more true, my friend! At my point in life, my limit is two. But they are good Manhattans! ;)

clint64, PLAla, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Don't have a date yet, but we'll see! It could be fun. Bring the bride! I meant October of 2021. There's no specific date as yet. I'll be there by myself, God willing, as my current bride is not a shaving fan. :)

clint64, PLAla, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It is the only splash that I use. For the last decade I have been able to get it at a small bodega across the street from work. It started under $2 a bottle, but has gone up to $3.50 a bottle. Unfortunately the store has not been able to get it since. I even offered to purchase an entire case of the stuff if needed. I saw the prices online which were absolutely insane. I am down to under a half a bottle left and have used it very sparingly. Hopefully it will become more available soon.

clint64, Droo78, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  13. jgreenepa

It's good to know that even the Gillette Guru sometimes drops the ball! ;)

clint64, PLAla, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i have had successful bowl lathers with MWF but no real reason to.first application was dense/thick but second and + pass applications were thin and slick .just what was needed for those passes.santa claus lathers aren't needed for the last pass..still,no dissipation though .i will say it does dissipate quicker than today's fat laden artisan soaps..nature of the beast..:)

clint64, PLAla, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

yes i did drop the ball :(.but only on a collectors perspective at least..i have no practical reason to own one.my others do the job just fine with less risk of screw up..ie hangover shave..:D the red tip rocket has a larger blade gap/exposure than the standard red tip..

clint64, Droo78, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

clint64, PLAla, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Myles. The Red Tip is an efficient razor once you figure out the appropriate angle to use for a comfortable shave. Well done!

clint64, PLAla, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Andrew

clint64, Droo78, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thank You Joe!

clint64, PLAla, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  20. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

December 4th

Razor: Gillette Toggle
    Blade: PolSilver (3)
    Brush: The short one from @jtspartan
    SS & AS: Stirling Christmas Eve

Ha, I'm over 1000 messages behind. :) Wow!

As you guys know, I can really only spend 30 or 40 minutes a day on 30DC, sometimes more, but sometimes less. As I see a record number of posts coming in, I also see more messages with people commenting on the volume. :) All I can say is this group is awesome. You guys give every person here a very high level of attention and it feels wonderful. I draw from it more than I give. I'm sorry about that.

I get a feeling that people are stretched a little thin and struggling with the obligations of 30DC culture and the message volume. All I can say is, it's okay to slow down and breathe. It's okay to focus on the newcomers and let the rest of us slip a few days, and it's okay to take a few days off. :) I do it all the time and you guys seem to welcome me back every time.

In the meantime, I'll get on here when I can and read what I can. I'll try to catch up with people I haven't interacted with in a while. And, I'll completely disconnect and work on more shaving related crafts to share.

Oh, the shave was good. :) The Toggle isn't as good of a shaver, but it tickles the gadget bug pretty well. I was a little rushed as I had my dentest appointment for my crown first thing. I didn't even check for rough spots, and well, there weren't many. DFS on a 2 pass quicky shave = AWESOME. Happy Friday everyone. Have a great weekend.

PSX_20201204_175119.jpg

FaceScraper, clint64, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.