December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wonderful shave, Evan!

clint64, Hembree, jluc and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i would hope so..;):eatdrink047:

Hembree, Trigger, jluc and 2 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

December 4th

Fine Accoutrements SS - Fresh Vetiver
    Omega EVO Synthetic
    J3Customs 8/8 Takefu, Japanese Steel, Laminated
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Jelly ASB
    Terre D'Hermes Vetiver EdP

No image day....too much going on, and actually just shaved at 7pm CST. Great lather from the Fine shave soap, excellent combination of bowl/face lather. I build a good whipped cream/yogurty lather in the bowl, then continue building it on my face. The EVO knot doesn't mind a little abuse (pressure), and has a great face feel when loaded with lather, doesn't matter if it's scrubbing/building more lather, or just painting it on....it's a great synthetic for my tastes. Last day with this J3Customs, 5 straight days of shaving with it, and it's my best yet. 3 full passes, but the last pass was really almost a phase of going through the motions to enjoy the blade on skin, as well as the lather's aroma & extra skin benefits. The nemesis area, lower right jawline/neck, very little left to remove. Nice and dolphin smooth all over, no red shenanigans. ~1.5 teaspoon dollop of PAA's Star Jelly, smeared all over the face/neck helped confirm the shave results with a light menthol tingle, no other aroma. Couple squirts of the very lovely Terre D'Hermes, and I guess my pillow will smell great for awhile....cause it's off to bed, leaving earlier than a farmers alarm clock tomorrow morning for an event in South Texas.

Really liking the mini focus of doing 5 shaves in a row with one tool. Get to learn the nuances of the blade....every straight razor shaves slightly different to me. Angles/pressures even grip (for the larger blades) slightly differ for optimal growth removal. Soap and brush rotation...for me it doesn't factor in wholeheartedly in the shave results, unless I just really make a lather that's too pasty. I resolve that quickly anyway...just add water.

Tomorrow evening will be with my Feather AC DX Kamisori, then next week onto another 5 straight shaves with another open edge tool, most likely a J3 Kamisori.

Hope everyone has a great evening, and rest of the weekend!

clint64, Droo78, brit and 7 others like this.
  5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Friday's Shave

'59 Gillette Fatboy (set on 7)
    Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
    Omega 49
    FatBac
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Irisch Moos

I'm going to go ahead and post my shave for today or else I will be here all night before I do. Each time I briefly step away from the computer, about 3 more pages are added to the thread. Whew! :eek:

As planned, I am continuing to use the last remnants of my un-latherable MWF in combination with other soaps or creams. Today, the MWF-Tabac combination worked as a wonderful duo. After soaking the brush while I took a shower, I squeezed out most of the water leaving a lightly damp brush. Next, I loaded the brush with MWF for 30 seconds. Then I applied a light coating of Tabac from the stick to my face. From there, it was the usual steps in building a lather on my face, adding water slowly until I reached a creamy, stable and well hydrated consistency. The end result was a very slick lather without any dissipation. In theory, I can view this combo in two ways: 1) the Tabac acts as a lather booster; 2) MWF acts as a pre-shave product.

I went with 2 passes only today as I am trying to maintain a lower neck that is free of ingrown hairs. I have found that completing my shave to a BBS level on the neck, for more than once or twice per week, leads to random ingrown hairs on the lower neck. There is no irritation on these shaves, but apparently my skin in that area likes having a fine-grit sandpaper feel most days (or it punishes me with an annoying red dot). Overall, it was a very comfortable and efficient shave, with BBS level everywhere north of the lower neck. The finale to the shave was with one of my favorite aftershaves - Irisch Moos.:happy093:

SOTD 12.04.2020.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Having one myself atm :eatdrink047:

clint64, Hembree, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

you could or just hang it on your christmas tree..:D..user grade ones are cheap if you really want another..:)

clint64, Hembree, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  8. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

clint64, Hembree, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine fat friday shave and pic Andrew..good evening..:cool:

clint64, Droo78, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  10. PLAla

The razor game is strong with this one. :yoda Seriously, you have and use razors and I have no idea about the terminology or what they are. Impressive, Blair!

11. brit

brit in a box

1 +1 =9 :D:eatdrink047:

12. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Fantastic shave Jeff! Glad you're getting amazing results with that DX.

13. PLAla

Very nice, Andrew! I remember @NCoxSTL being a big fan of FatBac.

14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Beautiful new razor, Jim! Congrats! I love the look of the scalloped cap.

15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

My thoughts are the previous owner may have cut himself and launched it out the window. It wasnt far from the bathroom window where it was found .

16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Seen one at the local antique shop but the price almost caused me to faint. People trying to make a buck off our desire for great shaves burns me .

MrEE, clint64, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

:Di posted some fat back earlier..

18. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Very nice Joseph. I hear great things about the Barbasol FH. Your collection is impressive and your skill is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

clint64, Hembree, brit and 5 others like this.
  19. PLAla

I can't unsee it, either....

20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Canadian math. My mother was a human breathalyzer and lie detector. If I said 3 she knew it was more like 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.