Parker adjustable injector razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Nov 24, 2020.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Not a bad price considering blades are included.

BBS likes this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If it is a halfway decent razor, it should be a good entry point into injector razors for those that don't want to use vintage stuff and pay bigger $$ like for a Supply razor. The Type L clones though cheaper are just not good razors in build or function.

If the razor works with twin blades and works well then it will be up there with the best of the best. Twin injector blades in the right razor are absolutely sublime and the longest lasting blade on the market, unfortunately there is no distribution outside of Japan except for import and that has driven the price up considerably.

cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I agree it would be a good starter injector razor. And being adjustable is a plus. Even type L Schicks, for me, it's harder to get a BBS shave, too mild.

BBS likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Mantic's review on the razor.
    https://sharpologist.com/parker-adjustable-injector-razor/

They are also offering a promo coupon for a free pack of blades through sharpologist with purchase of the razor.

Looks like it is out of stock at the moment and hopefully they do get more in stock at the price point. If it jumps up into Supply pricing territory then I would pass on it. In that price range without the blades is still a good price but once it jumps above about $35 or so dollars it is just not worth it unless you have an aversion to vintage injectors. If I have to pay more than what I can get a good working Schick adjustable for then it is overpriced in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

PLAla likes this.
  7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

For me, best pros are weight and lenght.
    Long handled with a light weight and a good balance.
    Not easy to have with Injectors.
    BTW, good blades.

... but in 2020 there're AC blades !!! :angelic007:

8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Anyway if It has half the efficiency of the original, It's a nice catch !!!
    PAL Adjustable Injector was one of the great.
    [​IMG]

9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how it compares with the PAL as well. I like my PAL, but every once in a while I wish I could turn up the aggression/efficiency just a bit more.

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I bought one and it should be delivered Saturday. I'll probably spend most of the following week using it at the various settings. I'm excited about a modern injector that isn't too expensive.

BamaT, Droo78 and ischiapp like this.
  11. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Well, the Schick Twin II fit in the Parker Injector without a single hitch. If you ask me, the Twin II is the best injector blade out there, bar none. The Razor next to the Parker is the Gillette Twinjector razor and is my favorite injector razor of all. The blade in the Gillette is the very first blade installed from the keyed pack and is still shaving as if it were brand new, roughly about 20 shaves in with it. Let’s see if the Schick Twin II can put some ooomph into the Parker and make it a more efficient razor while keeping it’s inherently smooth nature. Tomorrow morning for sure......

86B58458-3FA4-4BC5-8494-0FA697595643.jpeg

C9D41A74-AC7D-4941-95C0-C5253A0798A1.jpeg

CF74C1C3-7C36-4256-A328-655698B7CA77.jpeg

CBAEE3EF-6898-4255-B84B-0E6F4CDDBC3C.jpeg

PLANofMAN, Dave in KY, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
  12. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Even though I have been out of RAD since 2017 I feel tempted by this one because I have never tried any SE razor. I just wonder if it is mild enough for my taste?

Edison Carter likes this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

You might find one on BST soon.
    I read on the 30DC thread where @clint64 was going to move one along because he found it too mild.

Engblom likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Always knew somebody would copy the Pal someday, it's just too beautiful to be left on its own as ancient shaving history.

PLANofMAN, Edison Carter and ischiapp like this.
  15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

C'mon, nobody is out of RAD. You're in denial...lol

Herm

Daywalker and ischiapp like this.
  16. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

This mornings shave is in the books and a fairly good one. I installed the Schick II Twin blade into the Parker and set it to the max 5 setting just to see if a better quality shave could be attained. For my personal findings, mission accomplished. But, it was not an eye opener or a significant improvement in the Parkers ability to cut hairs with more tenacity or effectiveness. The first thing and perhaps the most important of this mornings shave experience was just the actual improvement on blade feel on the face. The standard blades issued with the Parker might be plenty good for many but, for those that felt it a bit lackluster, the Schick II Twin takes the Parker to another level of cutting & shave comfort. The pairing worked to about as good a shave that one could hope for in a razor that was designed to be mild and easy to use. It was a DFS finish in 3 good passes with some touch ups all around to get there. A bit more work yes but, the inherently mild & smooth nature of the Parker and Schick combo practically eliminating any potential creation of irritation or discomfort. I mean, you can literally run this razor around your face without fear of causing discomfort/irritation, unless of course someone suffers from some sort of acute skin condition. Barring that skin condition issue/sensitivities, it’s nearly impossible to cut oneself or arise the red skin inflamed brigade. Not is all perfect though as I still did not feel as deep and close a shave that I’ve experienced with other razor formats & blades. Not saying that the Parker will not cut close for some, it just doesn’t cut close enough for me as I still felt the slightest of stragglers along the tougher spots. I’m a BBS chaser and that is my fault, not the razor itself. My curse is that I’m driven to achieve the best result possible that I can possibly attain. The Parker & Schick Twin II did an admirable job of getting me smooth for the most part without an ounce of discomfort, nics or weepers to speak of. And for many, that’s what it’s ultimately all about. Comfort and a fine feeling shave. I think the Schick “Chick” Proline-B blade will perform just as good if not better than the Twin II. The Schick brand of blades are just a superior performer above the other injector blades out there currently available. Pick a Schick, grab the Parker and if you enjoy smooth, comfortable without putting to much thought into your morning, evening or shower shave, the Parker Injector Adjustable just might be your ticket for a smooth looking/feeling mug........

3B225707-D190-419C-A172-CF0AF5998B7D.jpeg

17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They have them back in stock and yes I ordered one. Asking me if I am going to buy one to try is like asking does a cat use a litter box. Seems the initial impressions reading across the various forums is the general consensus is it is not an aggressive razor even on the highest setting. Performance wise seems people who don't know how to use injectors are having the worst results most likely due to lack of understanding how to shave with an injector. The seasoned injector crowd seems to be getting passible results even if underwhelming in some cases.

I'll give them props for the pricing it $32 and offering free shipping on a $35 or more order. I bet they snagged a bunch of sales on side items to get the free shipping with this razor. They certainly got me to buy a second item to get the free shipping.

When I get it in I'll take a look at the adjustment knob and see if it can be modified to drop the guard past the 5 setting.

One adjustment I know will work but might break the razor if not done carefully is bend the metal connected to the guard to drop it lower so it is more aggressive on each setting.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Finally got to use the razor. I went right to 5 and a twin blade.
    pai1.jpg pai2.jpg

First impression, I think they goofed big time on the adjustment settings the 5 setting should have been lowest for starters. This razor is mild, closest comparable razor with a twin blade is the 70s style Schick Type L1 razors with this still being milder than that razor but not by much. As far as build goes it is a solidly built razor and no issues I can see of. As far as technique goes there is only one usable angle and that cap to the face. If the razor isn't making noise it isn't cutting, that also holds true for your cream if you stop feeling and hearing the blade it is time clean it before continuing on. This could be tweaked by bending the guard to give it more gap but I don't know if I will modify mine yet. It does get the job done but if you are baby chaser or like aggressive razors you'll probably want to pass on this. If you think something like a Schick L1, Gillette Tech, Fatboy or Slim works wells for you then you'll take to this razor.

Engblom, BigD, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice review. had very similar thoughts before selling mine :eatdrink047:

PLAla, Droo78 and Str8on2 like this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I’m trying to sell mine with no luck so far.